Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Advice - best beginner reference

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

That's a copy of the original book - they (Army) have been requiring authentication for most all of their data to prevent security issues. If you go to that main link there are many more good resources to read

Welding + bright shop lights = good!
    Gunco Member #10

http://pookieweb.net

The "original" Boltcutter Rivet Squeezers:
    http://pookieweb.net/AK/rivet/boltcutters/boltcutter.htm

Project Pink - the Pink and Blue AK-74:
    http://pookieweb.net/pink/pink.htm

Feedback Score

Hello Winn R,
    "Machining an oblong slot on the inside of a receiver"... hmmmm !!
    If the receiver is a round tube then that is a real challenge. It would call for broaching or chain broaching or shaper work. The op-rod grooves in a BAR receiver are like that though the receiver is not a round tube it is enclosed.

If the receiver is open to the outside then a mill with a key seat cutter will often do the job. Also again a shaper can reach in there and scrape the groove.

If the receiver area to be grooved is directly opposite the open side then an extended endmill cutter could reach in and groove it. Look through some tooling catalogs for the cutter best suited for your needs.

If still stumped on this cut post some pictures and we can all voice our solutions.

VD

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Viper Dude -- I hadn't thought of better background lighting. I find it hard to see and move the puddle. Maybe that'll help.
    Winn lighting makes a big difference, I was having the same trouble then I mounted one of those 500 watt work lights to shine almost straight down on the work area, it made it much easier to see what's going on. My welds aren't much better but at least they stay on the joint now
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Actually that was the trigger pin slot on a skorpion -- I cheated and did it with a diamond ball on a flex out of a dremel.

Next time I'll come here with the head scratchers!
    There is no nonsense so errant that it cannot be made the creed of the vast majority by adequate governmental action. -- Bertrand Russell

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." Robert J. Hanlon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.