Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Actually I got a series 1 bridgeport

Feedback Score

Default Bridgeport Manual

If you are looking for a Bridgeport Owner's manual, there are several (and lots more) available on NEMES (New England Model Engineering Society) website.

Shaper Book Page

Follow the "Bridgeport Manual" link, the 1967 version is the most complete.

Feedback Score

Thanks for the link WW2.

VD

Feedback Score

Default Bridgeport renovation

If you are looking for a guide on repairing your mill, you might look into this one - “A Guide to Renovating the Bridgeport Series 1 "J" Head Milling Machine”.

I saw it advertised in "Home Shop Machinist" magazine, and bought a copy for my mill. It does not go into re-scraping the ways, but it is very through on how to disassemble a standard mill head, table and knee.

A Guide to Renovating the Bridgeport Series 1 - stevewb - eBay (item 160427951897 end time May-26-10 10:22:47 PDT)

Best wishes with your renovation!

Feedback Score

A neet book !!! Thanks Ww-2.

VD

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Woodworker2 View Post
    If you are looking for a guide on repairing your mill, you might look into this one - “A Guide to Renovating the Bridgeport Series 1 "J" Head Milling Machine”.

I saw it advertised in "Home Shop Machinist" magazine, and bought a copy for my mill. It does not go into re-scraping the ways, but it is very through on how to disassemble a standard mill head, table and knee.

A Guide to Renovating the Bridgeport Series 1 - stevewb - eBay (item 160427951897 end time May-26-10 10:22:47 PDT)

Best wishes with your renovation!

Thanks mine is a 2j2 head with vari-speed. I found some manuals that gave pretty good details.

I got both the bearings in and one set of bushings. All I have to do now is put the motor bushing in and have it turned down to be even. I t should get here soon it's still in the mail. I should get time to do it next week. I just played a show and am going on a video shoot for the next couple of days. So when I get back it should be there.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.