Thread: visit to Harbor Freight Tools

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

Default visit to Harbor Freight Tools

I went to a local harbor freight store here today, I walked in and saw this giant store filled with every kind of tool imaginable. I broke out in a cold sweat in the machine tool section, and it took all the resolve I could muster to not whip out my cc and buy one of everything!
    The machinery is really cheap! the quality for the money for the home hobbyist is excellent. The equipment is not precision heavy duty, but to make a few parts etc, it is perfect. You could set up a nice home shop for about $2,550. to $3,000. this would be a lathe, benchtop mill, blast cabinet and compressor, heavy duty bench drill and possibly a tig welder.
    They have a real nice table top blast unit for $69.00 I plan on getting one of these and a small cheap compressor for $109.00.
    The bench lathe that they have is also a deal, the only drawback I see with it is the spindle hole is only about 5/8", but for $599. it can do barrel work. If you have a store near you it is worth a visit.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Woo Hoo, love that enthusiasm!!!! I feel the same about Harbor Freight and spend lots there. Working on building a nice little shop by Spring.
    A Day Without Shooting Something Is Like A Day Without Sunshine.

Kit Maker and Pookies Dad rookie's Avatar
    Feedback Score

FYI - they will honor online sales ads if you print it out and bring it into the store. Ditto for northern tool stores.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

They do 30 day price garauntee as well. Went with my Dad to watch him spend money while he was in town this weekend. I went there and did not a spend dollar!

Dad said my wife will be happy!

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

I just ordered a bench top blast cabinet and compressor, will do a review when they arrive.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by SangRun Hunter
    They do 30 day price garauntee as well. Went with my Dad to watch him spend money while he was in town this weekend. I went there and did not a spend dollar!

Dad said my wife will be happy!
    I dont believe you sang. You sure you didnt walk out with atleast a measuring tape?

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mbadboyz
    I dont believe you sang. You sure you didnt walk out with atleast a measuring tape?
    Not a thing, but the flier. I spent money somewhere else

My Dad made a tool to trim flats that is slicker than snot. I had to buy one to replace his that he gave to me. Its a modified existing tool and I plan on doing a post about it later this week.

Feedback Score

I was in there today. They are right next door to my insurance company. I stopped in there and realized I didnt have the moneyt to spend. I wanted to buy a set of bolt cutters to modify but that will have to wait.

What size bolt cutters do I need to buy anyway?

Gunco Veteran AK Builder FloridaAKM's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

C'mon now,

$16.99 is not that much to spend on a tool like that. Catch it on sale for half the price and you are set to go. The 24" cutters are the way to go to press the front trunion rivets in!

I have bought on line and in the store. If you want to save money and have it right now, buy in store only. You will save bucks and mucho time. Call first before going if you live any distance away from the store! Been there, done that!

You get what you pay for, but we are not in the production line business any way. Foreign guns, foreign tools; works for me ever time and it works very well.

AB

Quote Originally Posted by mbadboyz
    I was in there today. They are right next door to my insurance company. I stopped in there and realized I didnt have the moneyt to spend. I wanted to buy a set of bolt cutters to modify but that will have to wait.

What size bolt cutters do I need to buy anyway?

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.