Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: HF Drill/Mill to CNC ?

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

OH come on, stop bashing my crude motor mounts they're only there until I can figure out how to use these damn programs to make better ones.

Man for the first time I can say YouTube sucks, I checked out a few videos that claim they are for Mach3 setup, hell they're either setup for people that already know how to use these programs and just need a refresher or they don't explain shit.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Not cracking on them. They work. That is what is important.
    Yeah you tube sucks. I could help today, i have a few hours free. Tomorrow to tuesday will be a bitch for me though.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Thanks for the offer. But I doubt I'll get to mess with this until the weekend again, works been kind of busy the last few weeks.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Annnnndddddd?

BTW I am starting on CNCing my logan lathe..

fun fun fun!!!

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

I was going to ask a question about Mach and see you were curious about my progress.
    That's cool about the Logan, do a thread of it when you can.

With work being the way it has been, I only felt like messing with it for a little this past weekend.
    I felt uncomfortable with no home switches because I was having trouble with the program side of it, so I installed a home switch on each axis, so I feel better now that I can zero everything in the program.
    And figured out how to set zero to the work piece, I think, just moved the table around to certain points like I had a piece of material on the table and a cutting tool in the spindle. But didn't try it with anything real yet.

Ran the Road Runner code a couple times just to see what it would do (I think people call it "air cutting"), had my hand hovering over the E-stop the whole time , it seems to work. I want to try putting a sharpie in the spindle next and see if it can draw it.

Now the question, but I have to explain it out first

I seen a video where the guy was showing setting up the Road Runner (RR) g-code or any g-code, and how the program will want to set everything to the lower left of the table (actual zero), he showed how to reset zero to the place on the table you want the work piece.
    Now he had his program setup to show a 100mm x 100mm table and his RR g-code look small, just guessing it might have been about 20mm square, but when I bring up the RR g-code to my table specs it fills as much area it can, like the whole table.

Is there a way to make the RR smaller through Mach? Because if there is I can't figure it out

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Coils. What is road runner????

To set zero ,I type it into the tab window or move the table to it andbhit the zero bittons on the main screen.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Coils. What is road runner????
    LOL I thought everyone that used Mach knew about the Road Runner, it's a g-code that is included with Mach to test with, I think there's three or four different test patterns and the RR is one of them.
    If you want to see it, here's a short video of a guy cutting it with a router

Here's another that shows it better, about 12 or 13 seconds is a good veiw

Like I said I think I got the zeroing thing figured out, I was just trying to see if there's a way to change the size of those generic g-codes to take up less space on the table.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Where is that code!?! I cant find it.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

I seen your question earlier but I couldn't answer it until I looked at the other pc.
    On mine it's in the folder Mach3/gcodes on the C drive (or which ever one you installed it on)

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

nope not there...... might be an older version?

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.