Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: HF Drill/Mill to CNC ?

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

No!!!!!

I am swamped with stuff but shoot me some pics of what you have and Ill try to sort through it!

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Thanks 762, I tried to look around at those sites but it's hard to find trouble shooting info (mainly show setup, which I went through/checked several times) and with the forums you need to join to use the search function.

VZ
    I don't know what kind of pics to send?
    As for what I used, it's basically everything you have. But I think the only difference I went with was a 48v power supply and the 495 oz motors, oh and right now I have 2:1 pulleys on the table (larger puller on the screw).
    So let me know what info you need or give me some settings from yours to try, I don't know what else to look at with all these settings to adjust.

More info from me
    The last couple times I messed with it I was trying to make a circle pocket in a piece of wood, well it was more like an oval, the Y was narrower then it should have been, the X was close but still off a little.
    So I setup the magnetic base & dial indicator to check the distance movement on the Y, I'd do a test move of .100" and dial it into that with the calibration thing in Mach, but when I'd do a .100" jog (going in one direction only so there wouldn't be any backlash in the move) it would give different readings almost every time, some would be on and others would be over or under anywhere from .004-.012". Then there would be times the DRO would move and the motor didn't, or it would start then stop almost right away, or stop and then start up again.

I've been searching for info but everything I find is mainly for setup, not trouble shooting.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Coils ck pm

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Sorry for my absence the past month.
    Between work, pc problems, and everyday things needed done around the house I didn't have any real free time for anything else.

I'll be back soon with more details of my issues.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

OK let's see if I can get some of this figured out, and I think most of my issue is the motor tuning part in MACH3.

I'm using stepper motors that have 200 step per revolution, on the table I'm using a 2:1 pulley setup (smaller on motor), and a Gecko G540.

One thing I really can't find info about in the motor tuning of MACH is;
    What do the "Step Pulse" & "Dir Pulse" numbers do for tuning? Look at pic (not mine), I added the red arrows to show what I'm seeing. I've seen these set at different numbers but no one explains what they do.

WTF I can't get the pic to load?!?!

Well here's the link to the gallery
    http://www.gunco.net/gallery/showfull.php?photo=19218

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Glad youre back! I have not changed those on my set up. I am pulling doubles this weekend but will check it iut as soon as I can.

Im building a cnc router setup now and have a guy getting ready to do a cnc plasma cutter.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

We could do a phone call to go screen by screen if it would be easier.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

LOL I guess you never figured out what they are either
    But I'll ask if you could check yours and let me know what they are set at, like I said I see people using different numbers in those two boxes. Other then the size of the motors I got basically the same setup as yours.

If it comes to it we can do the phone thing. Thanks for offering the help

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

here you go. My basic return to if there is a computer problem.

If you are on a scroll down sub menu it is the same as the majority of the presets. Meaning if you have a pic of the top of the sub menu and pic of the bottom of the sub menu but not the middle of it. Just make sure it is the same as where I left off

My pin numbers will be different than yours. It depends on how you connect your wires to the gecko and stepper.

^that one above to this one below v are all the same in between green check on estop is the exception

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.