Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: HF Drill/Mill to CNC ?

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Cool. Check pms, ill send you my email for faster response if you need it.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Got your PM, thanks for the offer because I know I'll need it for some of the electrical stuff
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Well been slowly messing with this stuff, didn't get to do anything with the mill yet.
    Got the X & Y ball screw shaft turned for the bearings and pulley.

And did a bench hookup of the motors to the controller. The one motor (Z) needs some tuning yet, I can't get it to start and stop smoothly, tried to dial it in better with the Trim on the G540 but it didn't help much, got to see if I can do something in Mach3 then. Anyone got any suggestions?

Short video showing the e-stop and motors turning (if you only want to see the motors go to about 20 seconds), this is before I trimmed the motors, two of them start & stop without any jerky movement now.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Go under motor section and change the slope of the acceleration.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Easy enough for you to say
    I know what you mean and will give it a try this weekend, but I might not get to involved with that until I get it hooked up to the mill.
    And I think I will have enough time to start on the mill itself this weekend, hopefully I'll get the ball screws in the table.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

And??????

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

I messed with MACH3 settings a little and it seems the motor is running a little cooler, so I think that will take care of that once I get everything together, so I can stop scratching my head about one thing now.

Sunday night was the only time I had to work on the mill itself, got the X Y table off it and looked everything over to get a better idea of how I'm going to mount the ball nuts. I think I'm going to make some rough mounts from wood first, the main body that mounts to the table, just to get the over all shape. This way I can mount then and make sure they clear everything, then put the table back together and use the wood mounts as templates.

It's taking me longer then I want it to, but at least I haven't screwed anything up yet

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

I cant find those drawings, Ive seen them in the last couple weeks but cant remember where.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

That's ok, and don't waste time looking for them. The pics and drawing that have been posted gives me a good idea already.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Coils, without reviewing all these pages, did i mention you can pick up a couple inches of y travel by cutting the slot longer for the ball screws while you have it apart?

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.