Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tool Supply

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Default Tool Supply

Guys I currently work as a tool repair technician for a large aerospace company, and they get rid of old serviceable tools of all kinds, with regular employee tool sales and giveaways. Because of this I get great deals on all kinds of stuff, from pneumatic drills (of all types and sizes), air ratchets, 90 degree die grinders, pneumatic screw guns, dial calipers, ball gauges, radius gages, feeler gauges, clamps, hole saws, pancake drills, manual and pneumatic rivet squeezes, cleco clamps, carbide burrs, step drills, etc..... A lot of the tooling I get is useable in the AK building, or general gunsmithing, world.

If there is anything that you're looking for in specific, shoot me a PM and I'll see if I have it. (or email me at: Jetmd928@gmail.com) Depending on what it is, and how many I have, prices could run anywhere from free (well, just cover the shipping cost) for small simple stuff, up to about $400.00 for a pneumatic rivet squeeze. Always interested in parts and supplies trades as well.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

That's very nice of you. Got to ask, what's a pancake drill?

Things I'd be interested in;
    Gauges that would help with machining. Ball, radius, feeler, pin or anything like that.
    V-blocks, sine bars, parallel bars even straight edges or squares.
    Calipers (any type), micrometers, any type of measuring device.

If you have any of this stuff you want to part with let me know and I'll send you an email and we can go from there.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    That's very nice of you. Got to ask, what's a pancake drill?

Things I'd be interested in;
    Gauges that would help with machining. Ball, radius, feeler, pin or anything like that.
    V-blocks, sine bars, parallel bars even straight edges or squares.
    Calipers (any type), micrometers, any type of measuring device.

If you have any of this stuff you want to part with let me know and I'll send you an email and we can go from there.

Got pretty much all of it Coils. Ball, radius, feeler, calipers, etc.... Shoot me an e-mail.

As far as a pancake drill, it's an attachment that you can put on your pneumatic or battery powered drill that allows you to get into some interesting tight spots, and it uses 1/4"-28 threaded drill bits. (aviation industry standard.

Here's one from Brown Tool:

Long Offset "Pancake" Drill Attachment - 30 Degree Left Hand Attachment

Here's the drill bits they use:

Cobalt Threaded Shank Adapter Drills

I use a "special" 10-32 threaded tiny pancake drill to drill front trunnion holes in the receiver from the inside. I clap the trunnion gently with a c-clamp, then I drill the first hole using a method called Back drilling, from the inside. Then I put a spring cleco clamp in that hole. Then I drill another trunnion hole on the opposite side, and install a spring cleco on that side. Then I remove the c-clamp and drill the other 4 trunnion holes in the receiver, all from the inside. Takes less than 5 minutes to drill up all 6 holes, and they are extremely accurate.

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndAmendican View Post
    I use a "special" 10-32 threaded tiny pancake drill to drill front trunnion holes in the receiver from the inside. I clap the trunnion gently with a c-clamp, then I drill the first hole using a method called Back drilling, from the inside. Then I put a spring cleco clamp in that hole. Then I drill another trunnion hole on the opposite side, and install a spring cleco on that side. Then I remove the c-clamp and drill the other 4 trunnion holes in the receiver, all from the inside. Takes less than 5 minutes to drill up all 6 holes, and they are extremely accurate.
    Wow! What a great way to mate trunnions to receiver. Me want

Any chance of one of those "special" pancake drills for sale?
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

Did you say pancake drill???

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Did you say pancake drill???
    Yes, that's why I asked because I never heard of them before.

Thanks 2nd, I'll send you an eamil this weekend
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

A bunch of cleco clamps are a Real Nice thing to have, just about the handyst clamp you'll ever use. I used them allot for auto body work and in the marine industry too,,, a Very handy/ must have,,, thing to keep in your box, and versitile for several other uses, just don't forget the special pliers that go with them though.

2nd keep me posted if you have some cleco's and pliers to move, mine I misstakenly sold back a bit ago and now need to replace them. Kicked my ass for that one!!! I'd forgotten how handy they were and how many uses there are for them, and once I got rid of them ,,,,I seemed to need them all the time, then!!!!

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sjohnson View Post
    Wow! What a great way to mate trunnions to receiver. Me want

Any chance of one of those "special" pancake drills for sale?
    Yep, I happen to have 2 extras that are the smaller "trunnion sized" models. Shoot me an e-mail.

Tanvil, why yes I did say pancake drills. Lol.

Coils, sounds good.

TWA, shoot me an e-mail and let me know what clecos you need.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I have one question. I've seen Cleco's but never used them before. Are they reusable?

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Yes, think of them as temporary rivets, you take them out when ready to rivet or weld, etc.
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.