Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: $99 HF wire welder?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Talking $99 HF wire welder?

Wire Welder - Save on this 90 Amp Flux Wire Welder

man i an thinking about getting me one of these chian doll el-cheapo wire welders--

my big lincon don't like thin stuff and that is all there is to weld anymore--

anybody bought one of these? i know the stuff that comes with it is junk--but for $99 it don't sound too bad.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

I got one of the older ones when they were blue, hell I haven't put a roll of wire through it yet.
    But as you mentioned they don't work well on thin metal like AK receivers, it's easy to burn through, I heard a few people say with a backer you can weld thinner metal but it's still difficult.

Where you going to get it from a store or order it online?
    If online find out shipping, I was thinking of selling mine since I don't use it much, I was thinking $50 +S&H and I think shipping will be a little high because of the weight.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

I was told that the wire that comes with them was not worth using. Buy a roll of good wire and see what you get out of it. The guys who have them seem to like them.

If you are restoring cars or tractors buy a mig with gas but for fixing a mover deck and other stuff, you'd be fine with flux cored.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

well everything is so damn thin now days ---

hell i welded up some 1mm stuff with the old lincon but that was some hi grade 4040 sae steel --but i had to be very careful.

i thought the thing with these 110s was they didn't penetrate the heavy stuff?

anyways i want it to do the light stuff and i can just use the 110 and keep the 220v stuff in the shop.

shipping on this one is $9 i think--

only got a day or two to make up my mind cause the sale is over on the 27th--!!!

i may get me a new drill press too--

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

shipping on this one is $9 i think--
    WOW, they must have a deal setup with UPS for that price. Aren't the medium sized Priority Mail flat rate boxes like $10?
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    WOW, they must have a deal setup with UPS for that price. Aren't the medium sized Priority Mail flat rate boxes like $10?

hell i was wrong the shipping is $6.99 like the same as the 6.5hp motor i bought --

they got some kind of sweetheart deal with fed-express ground--it seems.

their going to have to truck this thing all the way from south arkansas to here and the got a store in little rock ????----LOL--

yea i don't know how many more of these china deals i can stand--

i am going to have to buy a bunch of stuff just to do this 1911 frame i just got--

Feedback Score

I had been looking on amazon a couple of weeks ago and they had welder for 69.00 its a pro grade ultra portable 100 amp arc welder, heres the link

Amazon.com: Pro-Grade Ultra-Portable 100-Amp Electric Arc Welder - 110V: Home Improvement

and ther is si one for a few bucks more
    Amazon.com: 100 AMP ARC Welder Welding Soldering Machine Rod 110 Volt AC: Home Improvement
    Hope this helps....Doc ( plan on getting both to see which one works betterand for that price its good to have a spare welder even if it is a stick welder...

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by dcholl View Post
    I had been looking on amazon a couple of weeks ago and they had welder for 69.00 its a pro grade ultra portable 100 amp arc welder, heres the link

Amazon.com: Pro-Grade Ultra-Portable 100-Amp Electric Arc Welder - 110V: Home Improvement

and ther is si one for a few bucks more
    Amazon.com: 100 AMP ARC Welder Welding Soldering Machine Rod 110 Volt AC: Home Improvement
    Hope this helps....Doc ( plan on getting both to see which one works betterand for that price its good to have a spare welder even if it is a stick welder...

i'm going to have a look sat those--thanks--

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

[QUOTE=j427x;699292]well everything is so damn thin now days ---

i thought the thing with these 110s was they didn't penetrate the heavy stuff?

anyways i want it to do the light stuff and i can just use the 110 and keep the 220v stuff in the shop. ''

They say the wire feeds are good up to 3/16s, 1/4 might be pushing it but I did an experiment on a blade. When we need to move some snow, we'll find out.

The thin stuff needs to be 'stitched' otherwise you'll either burn it full of holes or warp the piss out of it.

Short bead, let cool. Short bead, let cool. I welded 1/4 panels on an extended ford van (18 gauge sheet metal) and using this method it took a long time but it worked well. Low settings and moving quick is paramount.

I was told flux cored wire welds don't hold paint, don't know if it's true or not.

Mig w/ gas is the way to go but once again it depends on what you'll be using it for

Feedback Score

I wonder if that $99.oo Harbor Freight MIG can be modified to use CO2 gas ??? Only the Chinese know ????

VD in AZ

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.