Compressor and Blast Cabinet

Thread: Compressor and Blast Cabinet

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)

Default Compressor and Blast Cabinet

Hello again, I'm still using my old 1999 XP computer and doing so takes forever to login and post. Hopefully, this will change by the new year.

Anyway, I've been setting up my new Husky (Cambell-Hausfield) compressor, 7.5 hp, 24 CFM, 80 gal tank and the Grizzly G0708 Blast Cabinet (see pictures). I've been wanting this setup for a long time (years). I have quite a lot of items to blast and phosphate and that's why I purchased these items.

Finally, I have both of them. I could have gotten a new computer but I decided on these instead. I'm running 3/4" copper tubing along a 50'+ run. Four water/moisture filters, you just can't have enough filters. I'm taking my time setting everything up as I don't want to have any problems.

I have tried a smaller blast cabinet and compressor but it's a bandaid at best. For those thinking about getting into these kind of tools, remember, big tools can do small things but small tools can't do big things.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask (not saying I'll have all the answers).

"It Takes A Strong Man To Be Kind", Sgt Nathan Wilson, 5th SFG (1970)

WOLVERINES! One of GUNCO's First Hundred!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I lost all my stuff when I walked away from a mortgage and a bad marriage back in 2007. I was taking apart old VWs and blasting the parts to be used in railbuggy builds.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)

I had to wait at least 5 minutes to finally post. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

I purcased a 1969 bug, installed a HD transmission, with a 250Hp turbo engine, it was moose meat. Sold it for half what I put into it. Still miss it. Didn't have any blast equipment so I soft sanded everything that I painted.

Those were the good old days.
    "It Takes A Strong Man To Be Kind", Sgt Nathan Wilson, 5th SFG (1970)

WOLVERINES! One of GUNCO's First Hundred!

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I built my own out of scrap wood, saved money & had fun doing it.

It ain't purty but it works. LOL
    It is sealed up tight no media leaks out.

Feedback Score

Boy I just dont know that compressor may not be big enough t to run the Blast Cabinet. You could always send it to me and you could get yourself another one.

I'm Jealous!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I was wondering that myself ? CFM is king when it comes to a blast cabinet. Worst case you may have to add a pressure pot to it to keep the pressures up. It will mean having to add the media back into the pressure pot ,,but it will still beat the Hell outa hand sanding /wire brushing stuff. Ya I did that for years too till I got a cabinet too. When I got hurt and couldn't work anylonger I sold off several of my larger pieces of equeptment and just kept my hand tools. In hindsight that wasn't a very well thought out plan !

I'm sure your going to love that cabinet . It certianally will make short work on those pieces parts with all the nooks and crannies on them.

I would highly recomend glass beads if your using it primairily on firearms though. The "Black Beauty " type media is a bit course in a cabinet for finer work I've found. Enjoy saving time and getting much better results, both are a very good investment and will make your life 10X easier.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.