How to see if Reciver is 74 compatable
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to see if Reciver is 74 compatable

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Default How to see if Reciver is 74 compatable

Hello Guys,

Just checking to see if you pro builders out there can let me know how to determine if a reciever flat can be used to make an ak74, I have just recieved the flat and have held up 7.62X39 mags up to it just to see if it will take and it seems to be fine with a tight fit. Please lt me know the mag well measurements too look for so that I can Pray that the smaller mags fit there.

Thanks,

Ian

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

people have built 74s from flats, and they will work..
    I prefer to use 100% receivers
    Member of the
    There may be help for some of us, but for me I am lost...

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

From what I can tell a flat wil work on a 74. There will be some adjustments to things. but it should work fine.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

from what mbadboyz 74 on a tapco flat looks like to me it will work fine i do know you will have to swap the 74 rear trunion for a 47 or you will have to drill one hole for the trunion in a diffrent spot which is the one right behind the the safty selector
    Allright you primitive screw heads listen up see this this is my boom stick its a 12 guage double barrel Remington. S Marts top of the line you can find this in the sporting goods department thats right this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids Michigan.retails for about $109.95 its got a walnut stock cobalt blue steel and a hair trigger.thats right shop smart shop S Mart

Ash

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Those new flats that DPH and Weaponeer (group buy) are selling are sweet and they don't have trunion holes drilled and the magwell was left alittle tight for 7.62 so that they would work on 5.45. As I've said before these are the nicest flats I've seen yet!!
    Gunco member #11

“it is dangerous to be right in matters about which the established authorities are wrong” Voltaire

Feedback Score

I have built two 74's from a flat and have had no modifications except for the rear trunion hole. It didnt bother me so I left it alone. They work the same for either 47 or 74. Go at it and post some pics!!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

They do work with both types of calibers. However, the magwell opening is not the standard size for a `74. You WILL have some play in the magwell opening with your 74 mag, but it should still work.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I really appreciate all of the input from you guys, I'm gonna giver a whirl, and try the 74. Im gonna get it bent then keep my eyes peeled for a half desent Krink Kit.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by yosuthnmasa
    They do work with both types of calibers. However, the magwell opening is not the standard size for a `74. You WILL have some play in the magwell opening with your 74 mag, but it should still work.
    Have you built a 74 on a Tapco Flat yet? I have built two of them on Tapco flats and I dont have any play at all on mine. No difference at all on either 47 or 74.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Thanks for the info Masa,

I will consider getting a tapco flat instad of this one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.