Gunco Forums banner

Stickerman's Flat Jig

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Stickerman 
#1 ·
I received my Flat Bending Jig from Stickerman yesterday (his version of 555th's design). His work is excellent and he is a GREAT guy to deal with!! I'm very impressed with the little details he added and his willingness to help a fellow builder. His instructions are awesome. If you want to bend flats, and haven't bought a jig from one of our other fine members yet (there is at least one other member, 555th who came up with the design, that was making a small run of this type) then I can recomend both this jig and this seller with no reservations!!!
I'm going to bend a flat or two this afternoon and will post the results (and if my wife lets me use her camera.... LOL!) :thumbup1: :thumbup1: :thumbup1: :thumbup1: :thumbup1: :thumbup1: :thumbup1: :thumbup1:

#2 ·
Good to hear!!! Mine should be here any day :)

#3 ·
What are the "little details" he added? Can you post his instructions? What is the difference between his jig and 555ths? What is the price? Details are always nice.

#4 ·
According to the tracking number that stickerman gave me, mine will be here tomorrow.
I received a box of Tapco flats yesterday, along with my new spotwelder from HF

We have a 3 day weekend coming up, and the ban goes tits up in 10 days.

Life is good.

#5 ·
fal_shooter said:
What are the "little details" he added? Can you post his instructions? What is the difference between his jig and 555ths? What is the price? Details are always nice.
When I received my jig I noticed two small pins in the masking tape that held the package together. I wondered what they were for, but after studying the design for a few minutes I said to myself "This Stickerman is a pretty smart guy" He added 2 little pins and two holes in the bottom plate that correspond with the outermost small holes in the center of the flat and this helps align them (he still recomends measuring with calipers). He left the pins undersize for both fine adjustment and to work with small variences in flats. This gets it very close to centered and allows very small adjustments without the other end of the flat moving out of alignment. :cool: He also used nuts that have a flanged and serrated head so that when you tighten them you only need one wrench. :wink:
As far as the difference between 555th's original design and these there are a few small changes and then these are made with cold rolled steel rather than the angle iron. There are a couple of post here on the Forum that have pics.

7.62X39 said:
According to the tracking number that stickerman gave me, mine will be here tomorrow.
I received a box of Tapco flats yesterday, along with my new spotwelder from HF

Max sounds like X-mas at your house!! :thumbup1: you won't be disapointed!!!

#9 ·
LOL, nothing wrong with being excited :) My welder took a crap on me today so I have to weld the bases up at another place until I get the money up to buy a new one. I'll get that one shipped out tomorrow since I was working on the base when the welder stopped working. It started just sputtering and then it wouldn't even feed at all. There was some weld on it, but I'm going to grind it down and re-do it.

As far as ordering goes... instead of having a list and trying to keep track of who e-mailed or PM'd first you can place the order online. I am trying to get everything lined up to where I can get all of these shipped within a few days of being paid. If it gets to where it will take longer than expected I can put a limit on the amount of orders that can be placed. In the next couple of weeks if things go right I'll be selling the Tapco flats too.

After we get moved into our new house if anybody is in the Kansas City area and wants to work on some builds I would be glad to supply the tools. By the time I'm done I'll have all of the jigs for the whole building process plus a park setup.

#11 ·
Stickerman said:
I just went out and tried my welder again and now it's working just fine. That should work for the next couple of days, but a new welder will be on the way soon.

What kind of welder do you have? I have a Lincoln 125, 120v w/gas. It's a great welder for little projects like this at home. If you buy a new one, these are hard to beat.

#12 ·
This one is a Schummacher 220v model or however it's spelled. Supposedly it's 145 amps and I'm running gas on it.

I found a refurb 210 amp Hobart welder online earlier and now it shows they are out of stock. Damn it! I need something for working on my 73 Camaro and it would have been a real kick ass welder for $818.

#13 ·
Got my new welder today. It's a Millermatic 175 with the variable voltage control. Much nicer than the old one I had.

I have a bunch of steel to pick up tomorrow for making up more of the flat bending jigs. In the next few days I'll be making up some of the trigger guard rivet jigs also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.