Harbor Freight press mods

Thread: Harbor Freight press mods

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

Default Harbor Freight press mods

I got a press from HF and the press bar was welded on crooked. it also was not really suited to doing the gunsmith type stuff I got it for so I decided to modify it.
    After grinding off the pusher bar, I welded on a 5" lenght of 1.250" DOM tubing with a 1/4" x 20 hole for a knob 2" from the bottom.
    I then had 2 bars machined from 1" dia CRS, one has a hole for a 1/4" dowel pin for pushing out bbl pins, the other end has a cup for forming rivets.
    The second bar is thurned to 5/8" and the other end is 1" faced off flat. This setup can be quickly changed to do the various jobs associated with an ak build or other types of gunsmith work. Other tools can easily be made for other operations.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Damn pirate -- I thought I'd done something when spacers were put in to prevent leaning.

That's something!!
    There is no nonsense so errant that it cannot be made the creed of the vast majority by adequate governmental action. -- Bertrand Russell

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." Robert J. Hanlon

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

That is slick!

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.