Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: DPH arms flat bending jig

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Thantos and everyone else,

I sent this jig to Sniper69 for the very reason you see here. My only request of him was to be brutally honest about this jig and beat it up. I will not put my name on something that I dont feel is a superior product. This jig has a lot of time invested into development and a lot of time invested in the machining (as mentioned earlier, thanks to all who came before and had such great ideas to get these things going). The finish work and detail is machinist quality because it is being made in a machine shop therefore, cost on this thing is tough to nail down. I want this thing out there at a resonable price. The shop will be giving a final cost per lot soon because we are still negotiating the absolute bottom dollar! The shop ran some more today to lock down the machining time and are calculating run time (according to lot sizes) so that they can schedule runs into the work schedule. I am busy doing the math on actual lot sizes and delivery times! Since the shop took a three day weekend like most businesses, I expect to back in touch with them early next week and if all goes well we will have something to offer late next week or early the following week. Keep an eye out because this is a well made AK jig and it WILL be available soon!

Thanks
    Scott

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

We are working it....we are taking in all of the new ideas. That being said, we are also trying to keep the price down. The flats that have been bent on this jig so far look great. I have gotten some feedback on the bend radius not being as sharp as "factory" and we have tried to get them tighter but I'll be honest with you guys, I feel like we are putting a lot of time into a minor detail that doesnt affect the fit, form or function of the gun. The fit of the trunions is perfect as well as the fit of the furniture (as seen in sniper69's post). We have made one impovement that will add some strength to the sides of the "box"...the bolts that hold the forming block together are now gone. We are using countersunk allen head bolts and that allow us to keep the "box" sides solid (no slots cut out for the bolts to go down through).

Keep checking out this thread, it won't be long now.

Scott

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)

Here are the pics of the trunnions and stock set fitted up to the bent flat. I basically raided parts from another build to put on the bent flat. The stock set on there was one I have fitted to a vulcan receiver and I didn't need to remove any additional material from the stock to fit the bent flat. The area on the top rail was fitted for the trunnions. I haven't completely cut the top rail yet, I just wanted to quickly get this fitted so that you all could see the results. (BTW please excuse my mess in the picture, thats what I get for not putting stuff away before taking the picture ). Also on the bent flat I am planning on doing my next one a little different when bending the top rails. It should make for an even better fit if the idea I have works.

Now that I know these fit I am going to put them back on my vulcan receiver as that build is near done. As for the bent flat I am going to use a different parts set on that and that parts set isn't prepped and ready for fitting yet (i.e. I still have to remove rivets, etc). Hope this helps give an idea of stock set fit.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DPH arms
    ... I have gotten some feedback on the bend radius not being as sharp as "factory" ...... We have made one impovement that will add some strength to the sides of the "box"...the bolts that hold the forming block together are now gone. We are using countersunk allen head bolts and that allow us to keep the "box" sides solid (no slots cut out for the bolts to go down through).
    Scott
    That's great Scott.

I have a feeling the latter, might take care of the former.
    Thanks for making these available to us.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

I'm getting a lot of email and pms on this jig, here is where we stand.

I am hoping to have these available today or Thursday. I'm finalizing the instructions right now. It looks like there will be 10 available at first and the shop is working on more. Cost is going to be $140 + sh. I have beat the shop up pretty bad on the cost so lets hope that their shop rate doesnt go up on us. This thing has over 3 hours of machine time alone, not counting fabricating time.

Several have been spoken for in advance so as soon as I get all of the particulars together I'll let everyone know.

Thanks
    Scott

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Default It's finally for sale

Here it is......It's now for sale in the tool shed area of the GUNCO DEPOT.

http://www.gunco.net/depot/index.php?a=2&b=65

Thanks
    Scott

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by DPH arms
    Here it is......It's now for sale in the tool shed area of the GUNCO DEPOT.

http://www.gunco.net/depot/index.php?a=2&b=65

Thanks
    Scott
    Scott. The ad in the tool shed gave no ordering info. I want one. I can paypal you right now as long as you still have one in hand and I don't have to wait for the next batch. Let me know asap ak'sr4me

Feedback Score

Me too!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

The first jigs are going out Monday. Those who are getting them have been notified. I will be contacting the next 10-15 people on the list as soon as I know when they will be available. The shop is trying to put out at least 10 per week.

Thanks
    Scott

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

16 email sent out last night for the next batch of jigs and there should be 6 more the first of next week.

scott

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.