Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: DPH arms flat bending jig

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Guys,

We have shipped 42 jigs to date and we are shipping another 10 today. If you are on the waiting list and you have not heard from me in the last week, shoot me an email (scottgull@aol.com). I want to make sure that I havent jumped over anyone yet. There are currently 23 more on the waiting list. We will be getting 10 more jigs from the shop next Friday.

Thanks
    Scott

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Guys,

Here is a pm that I got from another member who bought one of my jigs. I did not include his name because he asked me not to. You guys may want to try this (I have not tried it yet).

Scott

Scott,
    I have one of your jigs and had one of 555's jigs. Both work fine but yours is more refined and the dowels make for a much quicker set up time.

What I noticed about both of your jigs is when bending the top rails that because the form sits about 1/2 inch below the bend the sides want to bend out slightly as you are trying to bend thbe top rails. What I have been douing which really gives crisp bends is after the initial press into the form I remove the jig and flat and place it in my vise with soft jaws. I position it so the jaws of the vise are almost level (slightly lower) than the top of the jig and then bend the top rail with the rubber/plastic mallet as normal. I found this makes nice sharp top bends. When finished I remove the bottom piece and while still in the jig I flatten the mag well lips that tend to not bend sharply either. I am not complaining at all and find your jig made very well and just wanted to share my experiences in case you or others were interested.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

That is slick! I didn't even know this thread existed until I saw DPH post it for sale tonight.

I guess I have been spending too much time working on being the PR guy.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SangRun Hunter
    That is slick! I didn't even know this thread existed until I saw DPH post it for sale tonight.

I guess I have been spending too much time working on being the PR guy.

And doing a damn fine job on the PR stuff as well.

To date we have sold/shipped 93 jigs. This thing has far exceeded my expectations.

Scott

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.