Paint oven
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Paint oven

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Default Paint oven

I was on this SITE looking for an oven so that my wife will quit complaining about my use of the kitchen when finishing a weapon. Does anyone have any plans or thoughts on building a curing oven? I may save a marriage (just kidding) but at least my food may taste better. Jack
    Be sure to check out:
    www.warroom.com
    and
    www.michaelsavage.com

What ever it is I'm against it.
    Always question authority.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

http://www272.pair.com/stevewag/heater/heater1.html

This guy is a garage gunsmith genius

Feedback Score

Buy a cheap secondary oven and keep it in the garage.
    You could pick one up for around $50-$100 bucks. After your done baking your guns, ask your wife if she would like to borrow it some time to make some cookies while dinner is being cooked in her oven. LOL

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mbadboyz
    Buy a cheap secondary oven and keep it in the garage.
    You could pick one up for around $50-$100 bucks. After your done baking your guns, ask your wife if she would like to borrow it some time to make some cookies while dinner is being cooked in her oven. LOL

Yea but if you check out the one in the picture I posted it looks like that would not be to hard to make. You could use a heat plate for the heat source. What I am still trying to figure out is the damper, any ideas. Come one George, Pookie, Max, , Rhino, Hotbarrel etc. Jack
    Be sure to check out:
    www.warroom.com
    and
    www.michaelsavage.com

Feedback Score

make a vent like in the top of a "weber" kettle barbeque that turns to let the heat out, except bigger
    when all else fails ...get a bigger hammer

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

Get an old stove from a used appliance store and mod the cabinet for putting longer parts in.

You could get duct work from home depot and extend the top of the oven up.

It might look like hell, but I know it would work.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

thank you but more ideas
    Be sure to check out:
    www.warroom.com
    and
    www.michaelsavage.com

Feedback Score

Well the first time I ever got some of Norell's Moly Resin he sent me plans for making one out of an old school locker. I never came up with a locker that was the right dimensions for it, but the general idea involved using the elements out of one or two toaster ovens to make what you needed. It looked entirely viable and was much akin to the set up that Sang Run posted. Same idea only you do not have to get a dimmer switch as the oven has one and a thermostat too. Another option is the electric smokers you see for sale at places like Wally World. They seem to go for around $150.00-$200.00. Seems like a perfectly good waste of a smoker though, I like to smoke and BBQ ALMOST as much as I like to build guns and shoot.
    Rule .308

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

I saw where a guy had fabricated an oven out of an old gun cabinet. He had used a fan at the bottom to blow a slow breeze over a heating elemet (had it elevated from the floor with an air supply). He hung hooks inside from the top to suspend the work at different positions. He had it vented with double wall tubing (basically a hot water heater vent pipe) thru the top back side of the cabinet thru the wall outside. (all fumes go with it).
    there was some insulation on the outside to prevent burns, like the aluminum coted fiberglass around ovens. It looked decent and was controlled with a thermostat.

I thought about something like that for my old gun cabinet, but I live by myself and have only turned on the oven to heat rifles anyway.......

I suppose a surplus "locker" would be the cheapest way........

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Rule .308
    Well the first time I ever got some of Norell's Moly Resin he sent me plans for making one out of an old school locker. I never came up with a locker that was the right dimensions for it, but the general idea involved using the elements out of one or two toaster ovens to make what you needed. It looked entirely viable and was much akin to the set up that Sang Run posted. Same idea only you do not have to get a dimmer switch as the oven has one and a thermostat too. Another option is the electric smokers you see for sale at places like Wally World. They seem to go for around $150.00-$200.00. Seems like a perfectly good waste of a smoker though, I like to smoke and BBQ ALMOST as much as I like to build guns and shoot.
    Rule you are ok!!! All we need now is some beer!!! Thanks for the ideas, Jack
    Be sure to check out:
    www.warroom.com
    and
    www.michaelsavage.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.