TG jig plans

8K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  7.62x39 
#1 ·
TG riveting fixture

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
It doesn't really matter.
I used .375 as indicated above, but all measurements given are ID, so they wont change no matter what thickness you use.
My first prototype was .500 but that was overkill. The 100+ that were sold, were all .375

#6 ·
Thanks for the help. I did not see the dimension for the metal thickness. I have been in the shadows looking around the site. I have two builds planned for this year. One is a Romy sidefolder and the other is a Polish U/F. The site has been a great source of info for me.

#7 ·
NO work

I built this jig per blue print and discovered it would not fit the triger guard mag catch retaining pin. I had to cut off one end and mill slots in each side to accomidaye the pin. I am leaving the end off so the triger guard can be slid in from the back . I made the fixture from .750

#8 ·
The inside dimension can be increased to .690" for additional clearance for the retaining pin. You may still need to shorten some of the pins, I do this in the vice. I would also recomend using a 5/16" ball end mill .100" deep to help prevent forming "half-moons" on the rivet heads.

With these two mods, the rivet head dimples will extend into the gap and leave a small part unsupported, but I have found that it doesn't cause any noticeable marking on the rivet head.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.