Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Killer riveting plates!

Feedback Score

This is GREAT! Found this on how to do descent rivets instead of bolts. Found the ‘Poor Man’s’ flat bender. The bolt cutters/rivet tool. Now I’m good to go! All I need now are some flats, a parts kit/set and a couple of 10 round magazines (a California thing).

All I need now is one of these for the trigger mount and I should have a build by summer. Maybe….

hk404me
    Hey Arnold, how about you shoot in your movies only what is legal to shoot ‘Comiefornia’???

Feedback Score

Default Need to rent tools

I have 1 long rivit and 4 short rivits to crush does anyone have the jig and bolt cutter crusher I can rent??? Thanks!!!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Here's a few pics with a scale. Those are all with the squeezer closed, "makin rivets". I guess I still remain "challenged" 'cause I have one pic with the scale on 32nds and the other on 64ths, stay frosty when you read the measurements.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Whatever site I read it on as a members tag line, it's the truest statement ever made.
    "Our forefathers would have been shooting by now"
    They would have a long time ago, when our government became self serving and lied so openly that the taste of disgust can't be cleared with bleach.
    WTF happened to our country?
    member # 575

Feedback Score

Give your self a pat on the back (ashhoe) I'm busy stealing your idea for my next build.
    "The two enemies of the people are criminals and goverment, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so that the second will not become the legal version of the first" ~ Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

No pats on the back. I will have another can of that engineering fluid though!
    Whatever site I read it on as a members tag line, it's the truest statement ever made.
    "Our forefathers would have been shooting by now"
    They would have a long time ago, when our government became self serving and lied so openly that the taste of disgust can't be cleared with bleach.
    WTF happened to our country?
    member # 575

Feedback Score

Default rivet sqzeer

thanks for the measurements ash.....that cleared up a few things.....now the front trunion on my bulg 74 has three rivet holes per side...two of the holes are countersunk and one is not.....does the rivet fill that space when sqzeed...???????

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

The rivet can fill it, but those are best riveted using what are called "swell-neck" rivets, that already have a cone-shaped neck under the head that fits the countersunk area. A regular rivet is not guaranteed to fill the countersink completely or evenly.
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by sjohnson View Post
    Good thinking! I'm going to have to copy that one, thanks!
    I also think so.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.