Thread: ak mag release tool

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Default ak mag release tool

I tried the tie wire method to secure the mag release spring and it works quite well. After looking at pics of the Soviet made tool, I decided to try and make one. I had an inexpensive 8" slip joint pliers lying around so I decided to use it. Slip joint pliers really aren't as useful as a good pair of vice grips any way. I made the prototype with a 4" grinder and a dremel. It is crude but it works like a champ. I hope the photo comes out ok.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Here's another pic of the tool in use. I assemble the spring and latch with the pin or a drill bit to keep the parts together. After compressing the spring I remove the pin and install the latch and spring assembly. Do not loosen pressure on the plier handles or the parts will fly out. Wear safety glasses.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

I did one of these last week. It's a job I hate.

I'll put this in the library. does anyone have a link to the tie wire method?
    There is no nonsense so errant that it cannot be made the creed of the vast majority by adequate governmental action. -- Bertrand Russell

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." Robert J. Hanlon

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

that tool works great!
    There is no nonsense so errant that it cannot be made the creed of the vast majority by adequate governmental action. -- Bertrand Russell

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." Robert J. Hanlon

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.