Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: help with building tools

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Default dball

Quote Originally Posted by dball1020 View Post
    if any one can help me with plans to build a long riveting jig and building the rivet head forming rods an the line up tool for maken sure all is straight and building the plates for under the already formed rivet head would be of such grate help and i thank any one who can give me some good links plans and detail thank u all once again
    Ak-Builder Rivet Tool

This is the tool I use too secure the rivets. It is based on Plinkers jig.
    The problem with the riveting is not forming them, it is securing them from behind, inside the receiver.
    Back in the early days, everything was tried, until Plinker came out with his concept.
    For the long rivets that go all the way through the rear trunnion.
    You can cut off a ratchet handle, bowl it out too rivet size, support with a "rivet size cup" on the opposing side and form your rivet.
    Certain tools are a time saver in this process.
    Other builders may have other ideas. But I went though hell trying too support the rivets from behind, until I purchased the riveting tool from AK Builder.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Gunco Rookie central fl cracker's Avatar
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
    Ak-Builder Rivet Tool

This is the tool I use too secure the rivets. It is based on Plinkers jig.
    The problem with the riveting is not forming them, it is securing them from behind, inside the receiver.
    Back in the early days, everything was tried, until Plinker came out with his concept.
    For the long rivets that go all the way through the rear trunnion.
    You can cut off a ratchet handle, bowl it out too rivet size, support with a "rivet size cup" on the opposing side and form your rivet.
    Certain tools are a time saver in this process.
    Other builders may have other ideas. But I went though hell trying too support the rivets from behind, until I purchased the riveting tool from AK Builder.
    Would you believe I emailed Frank from Plinker and bought and received his jig in the last few days. I am not sure why he does not advertise and sell them anymore.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by central fl cracker View Post
    Would you believe I emailed Frank from Plinker and bought and received his jig in the last few days. I am not sure why he does not advertise and sell them anymore.
    Probably cause building has slowed, just a guess.
    Just before the next election, watch the gun boards lite up.
    Plinker is good people.
    Where yall at in central Fla. I am over here in Astor, half way between Daytona and Ocala on the Saint Johns river.
    My tools and press are just sitting, if you need too use them here.
    Shoot me a p.m. if you need help. Tim 4th Astor Fla.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Default dball.

Quote Originally Posted by dball1020 View Post
    if any one can help me with plans to build a long riveting jig and building the rivet head forming rods an the line up tool for maken sure all is straight and building the plates for under the already formed rivet head would be of such grate help and i thank any one who can give me some good links plans and detail thank u all once again
    Just thought of something. Greenmachine has those bolt cutter rivet tools.
    Used them a few times, they worked for me.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
    Probably cause building has slowed, just a guess.
    Just before the next election, watch the gun boards lite up.
    Plinker is good people.
    Where yall at in central Fla. I am over here in Astor, half way between Daytona and Ocala on the Saint Johns river.
    My tools and press are just sitting, if you need too use them here.
    Shoot me a p.m. if you need help. Tim 4th Astor Fla.
    I live in Orlando but own that cow pasture at the corner of 450 and 42 in Altoona. I used to run about 50 head but cut back to 20 this year. I have the tools but I am a newbie and just started on an Ak build and may take you up on some help.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Default dball..

Sorry too jump on your post..
    I know where you be.. Hell yah, come on up. P.M. on the way..
    Have the tools, will show you what too do, you build er.

Feedback Score

thanks
    I will be calling got two Romanian AK kits, Used 12 ton press, nice used dewalt drill press. Gun knowledge zippo. Gunco won't let me answer your PM until 10 post 5 too go.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Default Again sorry dball. Your thread..

I have a press, all tools, rivets...
    I am old, wake up about 9 or 10. Then the swampers show up and happy hour starts about 3:30.
    Have everything yah need. Just bring the kit.

Feedback Score

Hey anyone know where to get a offset barrel removal tool to use with the reciever still attached ! Thanks Armalite308

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Again sorry for taking so long, you could of engineer a better mouse trap by now waiting for me.

The only piece I didn't include in the pics is a rectangler shaped piece of steel with a couple rivet head dimples that sets on the bottom of the jig.

Oh and the bolt is 1 1/4" long and the plungers that go through it are 2" long.
    Click on the pic for larger view
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.