Gunco Forums banner

cwtoyota rivet tool

2K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  hcpookie 
#1 ·
I finally got my rivet tool from cwtoyota and tested it on the ak74 I am building. it works like a champ, the jaws fit nicely into the trunnion and it compresses the rivets perfectly, and it also works for the bottom rivets on the rear trunnion. At first the handles are hard to squeeze but once the rivet starts to move the rest is easy. He is making new jaws, not modifying the original ones and they are well machined and hardened. This is a very well thought out and well made tool, and a lot cheaper and smaller than a press and dies. He deserves a well done and 2 thumbs up for these!

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
I talked to cw today......... for too damn long LOL.

If this tool won't work with the bulged trunion then I'm sure that CW will be coming out with something that will. The bolt cutter jaws are adjustable so there is a good chance that they will work. I'm sure he'll chime in here and give you the correct answer.

Hmmmmmmm........ why would someone from Weaponeer be talking to a guy that makes AK building tools? hint hint

#13 ·
I waited for a month, then bought my own bolt cutters and modified them my self. I enjoy doing these types of things when possible. For those of you who need it now, ready made tools are the way to go!

:headspin: :headspin: :headspin: :headspin: :headspin: :headspin: :headspin:

mbadboyz said:
When are they going to be ready? You have any idea?

#14 ·
#16 ·
(blush) Thanks, 7.62! Hey I can't take ALL that credit for the website - 7.62, it was YOUR Ace tutorial that gave me the bright idea to put together a "how-to" section. Before then, I just had a "look what I did" website until I saw your blank tutorial.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.