Thread: Grizzly Mills & Lathes ?

Feedback Score

Default Grizzly Mills & Lathes ?

I am thinking about getting a mill and a lathe. Has anyone used or own any of Grizzly's mills and lathes? I was employed in metal working before I joined the Army and worked in a machine shop for about ten years. I am wanting more capacity and the small HF mills and lathes. Grizzly mills and lathes are priced right but I am unsure of the quality. Any info would be appreciated.
    Hey, Saddam, how's the kids?

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

my dad got a bunch of stuff from grizzely and has nouthing but good to say about them.

Feedback Score

That is good to hear, especially coming from you. I'd don't know you personally but I know your work. Top notch.
    Hey, Saddam, how's the kids?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

they sell nice equipment, keep in mind its still chinese and tiawanese like most others but their customer service is top notch, this machine from HF is a good deal, and includes delivery, just have to pay a $35 heavy item charge
    http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=38849

bsn
    Feedback Score

A guy at work swears by Grizzly.

Feedback Score

not bad quality. the castings are fine but the assembly is often suspect. so if you don't mind tightening gibbs and adjusting doevetails, then they are pretty good for the money.
    Isa 50:7.
    For the Lord GOD will help me; therefore shall I not be confounded: therefore have I have my Face Set Like Flint, and I know that I shall not be ashamed.

Gunco Veteran AK Builder FloridaAKM's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

I have bought a Grizzly mini mill and the 12 x 37 lathe. The mill burned up the speed controller circuit board after 6 weeks. Replaced free and I had to install it, no big deal. The lathe is only the first week in operation now and I am still cleaning out the crap (metal shaving, paint, sand, etc) in the headstock oil bath for the umpteenth time today (8) changes so far. The lathe is shoddy in some of its worksmanship, but it accurate so far as I can tell. Neither are production machines, just hobby equipment! The mills finish was far better than the lathe hands down.

"If God had not intended for us to eat animals, how come He made them out of meat?" - Sarah Palin
    New Member of the Busted Box Club

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.