Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: got a new blaster today

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

Mine is very similar & I can't figure out what the round port on the rear of the cabinet is for? The one on the left side is for a vaccum , but I don't have a clue on the back one.My single light sucks big time. I might try to convert to your light set up.
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by rbthntr64
    What are you using for a compressor?
    A good 5 Hp 25-30 gallon tank outta work just fine as a minimum- requires 5 CFM @ 80 PSI
    http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=47603

Also as a minimum good size shop vac (2-2.5 Hp) with a large catch can (can be made from plastic garbage can) for the dust removal.

Did I do that?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bradrock
    Mine is very similar & I can't figure out what the round port on the rear of the cabinet is for? The one on the left side is for a vaccum , but I don't have a clue on the back one.My single light sucks big time. I might try to convert to your light set up.
    Air inlet?There will be an air inlet with some sort of filter(foam etc) to keep dust in but allow vacuum to pull good airflow thru to remove the fines and dust.
    It's only metal, it's not magic.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

I am using the HF 3.5 hp with 60 gal tank. it is rated at 12 cfm at 90 psi. I blast at 65 psi. This cabinet has a better more efficient gun, I can blast constantly and the compresor cycles. My old cabinet the compressor ran constantly.
    All the seams on this one are sealed and it is dust tight. I need to get a better vac setup for it.
    The dual light is great, plenty of light to see clearly what you are blasting. I am really impressed with this unit for the $160.00 it cost.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.