Gunco Forums banner

got a new blaster today

1K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  pirate56 
#1 ·
I went to blast a bunch of parts today and my blaster quit. After an hour of fooling around with it I went online to Harbor Freight to see what they had. I picked out this one for $299.00. I called the local store to see if they had one and found out it was on sale for $199.00. My friend JJ came by to park some parts and he had a 20% off cupon he gave me, I got it for $159.00 So off to Harbor freight we went. It took about 30 minutes to assemble it and start blasting. This thing rocks, it uses less air than my old one and is about 2x bigger. It has a 2 tube flourescent light and it is dust tight. I am amazed at how much better this one is. I blasted 2 rpk's an ak and some other stuff in a few hours.
If you want a decent blaster this one is it!!!

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
thats the same one I bought for $250 argh!! If you have a welder please weld all the seems :)

#10 ·
i created an extra email account that I used for the sole purpose of signing up for the emails from HF. Whenever I need something from HF, I log on and get the lasted discount coupon they've sent. It doesnt clutter my "regular" email and they send frequently. fwiw.

#11 ·
Mine is very similar & I can't figure out what the round port on the rear of the cabinet is for? The one on the left side is for a vaccum , but I don't have a clue on the back one.My single light sucks big time. I might try to convert to your light set up.

#13 ·
Bradrock said:
Mine is very similar & I can't figure out what the round port on the rear of the cabinet is for? The one on the left side is for a vaccum , but I don't have a clue on the back one.My single light sucks big time. I might try to convert to your light set up.
Air inlet?There will be an air inlet with some sort of filter(foam etc) to keep dust in but allow vacuum to pull good airflow thru to remove the fines and dust.

#14 ·
I am using the HF 3.5 hp with 60 gal tank. it is rated at 12 cfm at 90 psi. I blast at 65 psi. This cabinet has a better more efficient gun, I can blast constantly and the compresor cycles. My old cabinet the compressor ran constantly.
All the seams on this one are sealed and it is dust tight. I need to get a better vac setup for it.
The dual light is great, plenty of light to see clearly what you are blasting. I am really impressed with this unit for the $160.00 it cost.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.