Gunco Forums banner

Homemade power drawbar

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  red_metallic 
#1 ·
Got up monday and decided to built a power draw bar for my bridgeport clone to speed up tool changes. Finaly got around to anodizing and installing it today. Here are a few pics.

See less See more
#6 ·
it sits above the draw bar normaly and the air cyl shoves the motor assembly down to engage the draw bar , air cyls are in the same air circut as the motor so it spins at the same time the cyl shoves it down on to the draw bar. I used the original valve off the back of the red impact wrench, push the button and it ejects the collet and tool out into my hand in about 2 seconds

#8 ·
panaceabeachbum said:
it sits above the draw bar normaly and the air cyl shoves the motor assembly down to engage the draw bar , air cyls are in the same air circut as the motor so it spins at the same time the cyl shoves it down on to the draw bar. I used the original valve off the back of the red impact wrench, push the button and it ejects the collet and tool out into my hand in about 2 seconds
Didn't realize that was an impact wrench.

All I can say is, you must be Scottish!

:wink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.