Gunco Forums banner

OK Here it is

3K views 26 replies 14 participants last post by  fxdude 
#1 ·
I am starting to ask questions.

I am looking into a drill press. I really want a Mill/Drill but don't think I can work it into my budget. I am a teacher after all.

What drill press do you use?

Is there a mill/drill that a poor boy can get without putting a note on the house?

Help me out if you have the time.

Dave

#27 ·
Halfnutz said:
I rember when I first decided to start equiping my home shop. I figured a good drill press would get me by for a while......

Within a year I'd bought the 12 speed mill/drill from speedway (like the H.F. 12 spd.), a H.F. Mini Mill, a 9x20 metal lathe, a spindle shaper, a band saw, a scroll saw, a grinder, tooling for all of it, and a full size Mill Drill as well as building a CNC router and converting the Mini Mill to CNC.

And oh yeah, not to mention the first one of course, the 79.00 drill press from Lowes (you can see it hiding behind the router in one picture), and a ton of other stuff.

Believe it or not, I'm just getting started ( I can't understand how I've lived this long without a full size CNC mill, metal lathe and surface grinder ), and I use every one of the things for different/specific purposes.

My only advice is that if you have any credit cards, BURN THEM NOW, ....before it's too late!
Hey Nutz,
Did you build your cnc router? I am looking into one now, know of any for sale at a good price, or a kit?

Thanks
K

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.