Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: OK Here it is

Feedback Score

Just picked up a press and 4" cross vise from Northern Tools for under 200. (both chinese) Have my front trunion chucked up right now, but had to stop for some "honey do's" Will let you know how it works

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Thumbs up Thanks to everyone

I want to thank everyone who has kept this thread going. I know I have not been on much but life gets in the way sometimes when your making other plans. All of the infromation given is more than welcome and helps me and others learn.

I hope to be more active soon but as for now it is hit or miss if I have the time to be here. As of right now, I'm working waaaay too much and sleeping when I get the chance. All of my projects have been put on hold. I could go into all of the woman problems that I am having but there is not the time.......LOL. Things will change soon.

Thanks again to all. See ya on the boards or the range

Dave
    Question all as to their ways....
    Learn the secrets that they hold....
    Lead so others may follow. This is the way of our forefathers.

Feedback Score

I rember when I first decided to start equiping my home shop. I figured a good drill press would get me by for a while......

Within a year I'd bought the 12 speed mill/drill from speedway (like the H.F. 12 spd.), a H.F. Mini Mill, a 9x20 metal lathe, a spindle shaper, a band saw, a scroll saw, a grinder, tooling for all of it, and a full size Mill Drill as well as building a CNC router and converting the Mini Mill to CNC.

And oh yeah, not to mention the first one of course, the 79.00 drill press from Lowes (you can see it hiding behind the router in one picture), and a ton of other stuff.

Believe it or not, I'm just getting started ( I can't understand how I've lived this long without a full size CNC mill, metal lathe and surface grinder ), and I use every one of the things for different/specific purposes.

My only advice is that if you have any credit cards, BURN THEM NOW, ....before it's too late!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Talking

Great looking set up, and welcome to gunco

Feedback Score

wow can i come over to your house & play?...
    Wile E Coyote.
    Super Genius...

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Talking Man what a shop set up

I hope I don't go to that level. I live in a condo and that would mean I would have to knock wall down to do that.

Well things have gotten better a worse for me. Good news, the my lady left me. Bad news, I have to get my debt in order before anything else happens. Life gets out of hand quick don't it.

Thanks for keep my thread alive while I sort out all of the crap in my life. I hope to be building in just a few months. Now that I live alone, I can have some build parties here without any conflicts.

Will post as time allows.

Dave
    Question all as to their ways....
    Learn the secrets that they hold....
    Lead so others may follow. This is the way of our forefathers.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Halfnutz
    I rember when I first decided to start equiping my home shop. I figured a good drill press would get me by for a while......

Within a year I'd bought the 12 speed mill/drill from speedway (like the H.F. 12 spd.), a H.F. Mini Mill, a 9x20 metal lathe, a spindle shaper, a band saw, a scroll saw, a grinder, tooling for all of it, and a full size Mill Drill as well as building a CNC router and converting the Mini Mill to CNC.

And oh yeah, not to mention the first one of course, the 79.00 drill press from Lowes (you can see it hiding behind the router in one picture), and a ton of other stuff.

Believe it or not, I'm just getting started ( I can't understand how I've lived this long without a full size CNC mill, metal lathe and surface grinder ), and I use every one of the things for different/specific purposes.

My only advice is that if you have any credit cards, BURN THEM NOW, ....before it's too late!
    Hey Nutz,
    Did you build your cnc router? I am looking into one now, know of any for sale at a good price, or a kit?

Thanks
    K

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.