Gunco Forums banner

12 ton shop press $50!

2K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  Cimarron 
#1 · (Edited)
#8 ·
I have a similar blast cabinet & have one suggestion to anyone buying one of these. Try to instal a better brighter light source when assembling. The little flourescent tube is about worthless to my old eyes. Once the cabinet is all put together, it's a bitch to reach inside there to change anything. Also, hooking up a vacuum to it makes a WORLD of difference. It's hard to do a good job when you can't see WTF is going on in there!

#9 ·
I build one myself a couple of years ago with instead of a hopper a bucket with a fitting under it. It works great for rusty bike parts .I really would would like to build one that i can put complete bikeframes into to clean so i can make a little bit of money Its a little to cold to that in my backyard now =] I orderd from harborfreight a couple of days ago a small blastcabinet that i want to use for small parts only..then i read that post on that press orderd it 2 days ago I have it standing up today $60 dollars deliverd ...harborfreight has not even processed my card yet iam not planning to order to much stuff from that place nomore .=]

#10 ·
I tried to hook up a shopvac to mine but i could not get it to work real good I put a shopvac filter on the inside of mine to filter stuff in my next setup i need todo better on the filterand dustreduction part thats one thing for shure.and using sand to blast is not the best idea either

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.