Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Mini Mill,, yay

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Check out littlemachineshop.com

They have spare parts for micro mills. Also clamping set. I broke the plastic gears and had to replace them (I also broke the plastic gears on the 7x10 lathe also).

Feedback Score

Thumbs up good deal

Sounds like just about anything else, all it takes is a little personalization to make right, just like anything else. Now I just have to see what my father in law is going to say when I bring one of those home. He's got 20+ years machining exp, and all says the only verticle mill that exsits is a bridgeport. I think the price tag looks a little nicer on the micro also, and if it does the job why not right!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

nice..i have been wanting a mini mill for a while now, any clues as to which ones are better ?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

any links to mini mills and help would be appreciated

Gunco Veteran AK Builder FloridaAKM's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

I bought a Grizzly Mini Mill several years ago. The chicoms make them all in the same factory, but paint them different colors depending on who is retailing them out. The Grizzly unit worked great for a couple of months, then for no reason; the unit turned on full speed without me doing anything to it. That was the only way it ran after that, was full speed or off. I contacted Grizzly twice and they sent the repair parts to fix it; once with the speed control pot (no fix) and then with the entire electronics board (which lists for $135.00) which fixed it. I had to install all the parts, but it has worked perfectly since.
    I did install a belt drive system from Little Machine Shop to make it quieter and more versitile and a new air spring kit to hold the milling head up better than the original spring did. I would buy a larger machine if I had it to do over, but that would be a 100 to 200% increase in price without gaining that much more of a machine. Can I say Bridgeport?

"If God had not intended for us to eat animals, how come He made them out of meat?" - Sarah Palin
    New Member of the Busted Box Club

Feedback Score

awesome info, I've had my eye on a milling machine myself, and (after reading your guys comments) I may ask Santa for one this year...

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by saf305
    any links to mini mills and help would be appreciated
    http://www.mini-lathe.com/Mini_mill/Main/mini-mill.htm

Gunco Veteran AK Builder FloridaAKM's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Here I go again with the mill thing. A Super X3 Sieg, which is the prototype for, a Grizzly green painted version now lives in my workshop for a Browning M1919A4 conversion. The mill is HEAVY for a table mount, but works so much better than a minimill, ( which is great for its intended jobs). Bridgeport is a no way deal for my age and wallet. I am happy with the quality of this machine to finish all my builds before 2009. Just my $0.02 worth for this thread.

"If God had not intended for us to eat animals, how come He made them out of meat?" - Sarah Palin
    New Member of the Busted Box Club

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.