Thread: Problem removing cylinder

Feedback Score

Post1911 Problem removing cylinder

HI, I purchased a antique .22 "ranger" pocket pistol and I am having a bit of trouble removing the cylinder from the gun. The gun is pre 1898. It looks like the cylinder pin should be able to be unscrewed and then the cylinder should just fall out the side. But the pin wont budge its a little chewed up at the end and looks like someone may have tryed to use something like visegrips to unscrew it.

If anyone has any other ideas about how to get out the cylinder without destroyng this gun please let me know

Thanks,
    Dave[IMG]file:///F:/Gun_stuff/.22%20short.JPG[/IMG][IMG]file:///F:/Gun_stuff/.22%20short.JPG[/IMG]

Feedback Score

I have learned that the little clip in front of the cylinder was for releasing the cylinder pin, but the spring is missing and it just flops around. So I am now thinking that some dam fool glued the cylinder pin into the cylinder with some kind of epoxy. Does anyone know of a solvent that I could soak this thing in without destroying the metal?

Thanks Dave

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Use heat to soften epoxy. Carefully playing a propane or MAPP torch over the metal will heat up the epoxy and release it's grip.

Feedback Score

I broke it. I am just gonna have to drill out the old pin and see if I cant find a replacement. Thanks for the help though.

Dave.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.