Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Harbor Freight Blast Cabinet

Gunco Veteran AK Builder FloridaAKM's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Default Harbor Freight Blast Cabinet

Does anybody have any experiance with the Harbor Freight Blast Cabinet P# 93608? I bought one today to use on AK (& a 1919A4 )rebuilds as the one at work that I have used for years is full of extremely corrosive stuff ( blasting some parts made them rust as if I put them in battery acid[ it reallly screwed up an AMMS build as it is rusting thru Moly coat on the top cover and underfolder stock]). I figure that the small amount of ocassional cleaning that I need to do will be fine with this unit. The blast gun is marginal, but should work. I will be using ground glass and blasting sand as a media. This hobby is getting really expensive.

"If God had not intended for us to eat animals, how come He made them out of meat?" - Sarah Palin
    New Member of the Busted Box Club

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I'm not sure what part no. it is but I bought one of the free standing ones a couple of years ago and it does a good job. beats the heck out of doing it in the driveway!
    I'd rather be a "has been" than a wannabe!

2TIMOTHY2,4 No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairsof this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

God, Guns and Guts made America free,
    Lets keep all three.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

same here...

ive got one of the big table top ones and after i resealed all the seams it does a fantastic job. for the money it would be hard to beat.
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dutigaf
    same here...

ive got one of the big table top ones and after i resealed all the seams it does a fantastic job. for the money it would be hard to beat.

+1
    Got the same one and had to seal all the seams, but it works very well for what you pay for it.
    I also add a piece of pipe to the bottom pointing straight down and through the table it's on so it's easier to drain out if the media needs replaced.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)

What are y'all using for blast media in the cab at work? Beach sand? Sounds like either the media has become contaminated and needs replacement and/or the compressor's air tank needs draining.

While having a seperate cabinet for specific jobs has it's advantages, you'd also need a healthy compressor to run it.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I have had good luck with these
    guys

I also use aluminum oxide for my blast media

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tailgunner
    What are y'all using for blast media in the cab at work? Beach sand? Sounds like either the media has become contaminated and needs replacement and/or the compressor's air tank needs draining.

While having a seperate cabinet for specific jobs has it's advantages, you'd also need a healthy compressor to run it.

I was thinking the same thing, the media needs changed and the inside of the cabinat needs cleaned out also.
    If the compressor is used for multiple tools and has an oiler installed, the line for the cabinet needs to be placed before the oiler and a dryer installed before it goes into the cabinet.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

I also use aluminum oxide for my blast media
    I'm just using glass bead that I got from HF, when I got the cabinet that's all they had in stock.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

im using the glass bead and alum oxide in a combo tht you can buy at the local Grainger.. its a 60/40 mix and does a great job of smothing and cutting all in one motion.

oh and i clean all of my parts with purple stuff or simple green and brake cleaner before i put them in my cabinet....

and yes i do run a vacuum system on my cabinet too, and while you go thru a bit more media this way, ive never had a contamination problem. so its worth it.
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I have had the same experience, the seals are really bad....what are you guys using to fix the leak issue....it also seems that mine doesn't release enough pressure so the top lifts up a bit, I might add a second filter on the other side to let more air out

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.