Thread: HF Mill Drill Lathe Combo $699.00

Feedback Score

Default HF Mill Drill Lathe Combo $699.00

Anybody buy or know anything about the Harbor Freight mill/drill/lathe combo unit there selling for $699.99 was thinking about getting it & not bothering all my buddy's all the time with my projects. just want to know if its a POJ or not. Thanks.http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=46199 Says $799.00 in ad but was $699.00 in the store by me?

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

I would suggest 2 seperate machines as set up and versitility are better. I suppose if you HAD to have a lathe and a mill then ok. Just be aware of the limitations of axis movement and the scales on most harbor freight stuff are wrong.

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I was thinking along the same lines knowing that there are limitations on what each can do. The problem I have is that if I cram more stuff in my 3 car garage only the wifes van will fit inside so space is at a premium. I was looking at the $1499 lathe mill at HF http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=44142 which looks like it is the same one sold by Grizzly for $1700. I was leaning towards the grizzly because at least you can get parts and support from them.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

I forsee clamping problems with that TINY bed. At least that one has the nice and useful feature of thread cutting but I warn you their inch doesn't always match what we call an inch....
    As for parts that is an issue but on my harbour freight mill I found that I could make whatever broke easier than getting the repacement from them, as in
    "bearing" people "bearing" not the FREAKING handle, you have sent me the freaking handle twice now, I need the BEARING, yes they both are silver and both turn on the shaft but they are not the same thing.
    (get the idea?)

Now at that price you can buy the heavyduty mill drill for $699, and one of the small lathes.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

get 2 seperate machines, the combo one does a lot of things, but none of them well.

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

That bad huh? The heavy duty HF mill is $999 right now. How about this lathe? http://www.grizzly.com/products/11-x...Gearbox/G9972Z

Feedback Score

Default I need

I need it to make Fireingpins & turn bolts will it do that? I'm stuck for space can't fit much more in the shop this is why I'm thinking combo but if this one is no good I'll look elsewhere but I thought if this price is what it is then I could spend more on kits.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

If that is all you are going to lathe get the mico its all of 2 feet long.

I will try to scare up the coupon for the mill drill for IIRC $699
    stand by
    erased it when I cleaned up the inbox last week. About every 5-6 months it goes on sale.

get 2 machines, even small ones are in my opinion better than one that kinda sorta maybe will do it all.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.