Thread: 25 ton arbor press

Feedback Score

Default 25 ton arbor press

This forum looking a little lonely! OK, here's a score from the Kittery maine Navy yard surplused. Initial listing for sale listed it as 500#!!

Greenerd # 5, 1930, serial # 10, very good condition, with table, and timken bearings. 25 ton rating, 150 x 1 working ratio. I estimate weight around 2500#, though don't know. Still need a handle, which is probably waiting for me now next town. Expect this will handle riveting ak's, first job likely pressing out troy bilt rototiller shaft to replace gears, bearings, and seals.

With the trucking in my 1977 ford F-250 and hard crossed fingers through the slow return trip, I've got about $650 total in it, and about 10 hours. Getting it off the truck was a trip.
    RR tie under end of frame, jacked up frame, and blocked with 6x6 and 2x6. double 2x12 yellow pine PT planks, with 90 wt oil film on top. movement by 1 ton chain fall attached to 3/8 chain, bolted to 7/16 all thread ,thru 1/2" hole drilled thru foundation. Moved ok, though a little nervous as it was up a 16" height and transition to flat. Loose rope both sides 4 corners during those 3'. About 2 hours total on the move off the truck.

Feedback Score

Sounds like you did good...I've been looking for a Bridgeport, and my biggest fear is moving it, but you moving that huge press gives me hope....

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.