Thread: Who has M14 mags

Feedback Score

Default Who has M14 mags

I'm looking for a good source for USGI M14 mags. I see one or two here there on gunbroker but I need more then that. Any dealers out there that anyone knows has good deals on these mags?

Feedback Score

Feedback Score

I checked them out. They only have china made mags...no USGI.

Feedback Score

Default China???

If those are the Tiawan 56( I believe that is the correct #) mags , they are good mags, very close to the original USGI mag. Military contracted. Way better than the USA mags. That is not a bad price on the new slings either.

short

Im just fine, ow u doin? Harry Nutts's Avatar
    Feedback Score

Default now theres something i do know about

alot of money (tax dollars) was spent when the M14 was in development.
    alot of time, engineering and testing was required to come up with a magazine that WORKED, they look like a pretty simple thing to make but that is not the case and very specific things need to happen during manufacture.

US Government military issued mags are the best option, beware of the terms "Milspec" and "Like GI".

i have read that the chinese T-57 mags work very well for most people but i have no personal experience with those....also they should be blued....unless they were parkerized sometime after they were first made. ***edit- corrected in post#7***

USA mags and fake mags work good as targets

there are alot of "new in the government wrap" mags out there, the majority of those are FAKE and will not work properly.

there are fake mags out there that have faked US government contractor markings and will not work properly.

there are mags out there that have fake contractor markings but they are actually US Government issue mag bodies but the spring, follower and floorplate are fake.....confused yet?

best mag for the dollar right now is Checkmate Industries(CMI), Checkmate makes currently issued USGI M14/M1A mags, current checkmate production mags are UNMARKED so get em new from a reputable supplier.
    for links to suppliers and more info go here:
    http://www.m14firinglineforum.com/up...splay.php?f=65
    if you sign up there and go to the PX you can get a really good deal on mags.
    (i highly recommend you sign up there if you own an M14/M1A)

i have no stake in any sales, just wanted to keep anyone from getting burned.

if you want mags or mag parts i have dealt with this outfit, they take plastic...no fee and ship fast.
    http://www.44mag.com/products.asp?dept=1318 (out of complete mags right now...probly because its a smokin deal)
    Last edited by Harry Nutts; 12-12-2006 at 02:12 AM.

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

If you can find them the NORINCO mags have worked well for me. The t-57 look very close to USGI as they are supposed to be made on the U.S. machinery sold to Tiawan. I have had no problems with them other than the finish is not very durable.

Im just fine, ow u doin? Harry Nutts's Avatar
    Feedback Score

i was just double checking the info i supplied.
    apparently the T-57 mags can be blued OR parked, the thinking is that the blued ones were imported for US sales and the parked ones were taiwan military issue. AND the T-57's have been faked too......sheesh.....im sticking with CMI mags.
    see post #5
    http://www.m14firinglineforum.com/up...ad.php?t=25800

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.