Thread: Question re krink kits

Feedback Score

Default Question re krink kits

I am new to some of this and am considering building a krink. I notice that some are underfolders (CSI and some others) and some (KVAR) are side folders.
    My question is whether both of them are "authentic (so to speak)" or is one more desirable than the other. I know that some are way higher than others.
    What would be a good one to use?
    Thanks in advance for any input.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

the AKS-74U (k-var) with the triangle side folder, is the right or "authentic" folder for that rifle......and the M92 with the underfolder is the right or "authentic" folder for that rifle.

as for one being more "desirable" then the other......that is up to the individual....... however, having tried both types first hand, I can tell you that the triangle side folder is a far better folder, it gives a better cheek to stock weld when firing the weapon, and generally feels better against the shoulder.

nothing says you have to use the folder that is authentic to the rifle.....a friend of mine bought a M92, and he sold the underfolder stock that came with the parts kit, and got the triangle folder and had that installed on his rifle.
    "I can make this march, and make georgia howl!"

Gen. William Tecumseh Sherman

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)

The two that come to mind are the Bulgarian(sidefolder) and YugoM92.(underfolder) Both were issue weapons at one time, so they both can be considered authentic. The Bulgarian is pretty much identical to the soviet AK-74U which was the original "Krinkov" and is generally more desirable/expensive.

What do you plan to use it for? Both are basically short barreled AKs, and it's not like you can wear either one out. Both trade accuracy and range for better close quarters handling over their longer barreled bretheren. Both will require ATF approval to be built as an SBR, or some form of barrel extension to bring it to legal length.

Butch...

Feedback Score

Default thanks for the input

I plan to shoot it some and look at it a lot. They are inviting to me.
    I will have it built, as I am not sure I could do it, and will have to do as you mentioned with a bbl extension.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

My bastard child, it has another home but I have sot it about 100 rounds and I kind of think of it as the best of both wolds. The M-92 is really accurate and the sidefolder it really comfortable.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    That which does not kill you, makes you stronger

Feedback Score

I found a receiver flat at Cope dist. for my Yugo M92 kit. Received it last week. It looks good has the holes drilled for the rear trunnion. I was going to use a tapco flat and make it a pistol but since the kit cost so much I decided on a rifle. Cope also has a fake suppresor for a good price also, about $30 cheaper than DPH and looks much better.
    Now I just need some time off to build it.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.