Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: WTS SVT40 cleaning rods

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

Default WTS SVT40 cleaning rods

I have been requested to make a few SVT 40 cleaning rods. so far I have recieved an original one to work from. I special ordered material allready rolled to the proper O.D. ... it was a bit pricy but I allready have it here.
    so here is ware I am now, I need some kind of idea what demand their is for them before I decide on tooling to either custom make or buy. if I am going to make 3 pieces I will aproach things differantly than if I am going to make 10 of them.
    the expected price will be between 35 and 45 delivered depending on how things go.. I am told by a friend that has asked me to make some that they go for something like $100 on ebay and actualy sell. certainly I can make a very nice part that will be extreamly dificult to tell the differance for a hotbarrel price.
    if you have any intrest in possably getting one please let me know. this way I will know how to start things along.
    going to buy the die ASAP either way!!
    thanks for reading HB

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

I was going to make a new post but I found this one and decided to make an update. I have all the "bugs" figured out I believe and compleated the first rod fully. I bought tooling to have it come out very nice. and it is hard to tell the original to the US made one. if you have any intrest now is the time to let me know. I have a very limited supply of custom rolled diameter material so when they are gone ,,, they are gone.
    I just want to offer it up here to the guys at gunco while I can.. thankis for looking HB

Feedback Score

I'll take one! Let me know how much, and all the details. email me at paulc2k2@yahoo.com

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

thanks
    I sent a pm and will Email you too. price is as mentioned above ... 35 to 45. not exactly set yet as I am not done yet and do not know exactly how much the shipping and shipping tubes will cost I. My best guess will be 40 delivered if all goes well and I do not need to buy any more tooling. I think - hope I did get my final piece of tooling so they should be done next week "I hope" .

Feedback Score

That's awful tempting. How about a pic.

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

the rods are done and they came out great! if anyone would like one now is the time to speek up. they will be all gone fast.
    paul I am holding yours pending funds as I promised.
    packrat. I am happy to hold one for you if you like, please let me know prety soon.
    as for pics.. well we all have seen the quality of my camera HAHA. I can tell you very honestly , it is about imposable to tell my parts from the original. I had the stock custom rolled to the O.D. and purchased a special knurlling tool so the knub at the end would come out proper. I do not think you will be let down, honeslty. also everything I offer comes with a no hard feelings bucks back guarentee.
    I will hold rod or a couple rods for you as a gunco member , BUT I think a friend will be looking to buy all the rest so again I think they will be gone fast. I just did not want my gunco friends to totaly miss the opertunity.
    thanks HB

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

here are a couple of rough pics. to give an idea of the styl.
    Last edited by hotbarrel; 12-24-2006 at 02:22 PM.

Feedback Score

Sorry I didn't get back with you sooner. Read your update then forgot to respond.

I'll have to pass right now. They look good and I could use one but the bucks have other allocations.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

could you make a 23" Yugo AK style cleaning rod?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl
    could you make a 23" Yugo AK style cleaning rod?

Tabuk style??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.