Romy kit purchasing rate...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Romy kit purchasing rate...

Feedback Score

Default Romy kit purchasing rate...

Just kinda noticed that the purchasing rate of Romy kits has virtually fallen off the face of the earth in the past two days...

Over on AK files, two Cope's Hand-selects went virtually untouched (I got one for a decent deal), Gunbroker shows little to no progression. Here, a kit for $315 has been bumped and that's it...

What, has buy season passed and is now build season?

- CK
    Ask questions first; Distance? Windage? Elevation?
    ------------
    ""...when you capture spoils from the enemy, they must be used as rewards, so that all your men may have a keen desire to fight, each on his own account""

- Sun Tzu
    ------------
    "A petty thief is put in jail. A great brigand becomes a ruler of a State."
    - Zhuang Zi

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

The prices are way over the line on Romanian kits. $200 would be more appropriate in comparison to other kits' availability, desirability and quality.
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

the $315 bumped kit has a buyer.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score

k. Didn't see that at the time of posting. :P

sjohnson: People have been going apeshit buying Romy kits at 300+... :\

- CK
    ------------
    ""...when you capture spoils from the enemy, they must be used as rewards, so that all your men may have a keen desire to fight, each on his own account""

- Sun Tzu
    ------------
    - Zhuang Zi

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

I guessed you didn't see that because of the time stamps, I just passed it on.

Your right about going apeshit and it's not just the Romy kits, I too got on the band wagon with these and sold 2 G kits on GB with starting bids at $300+S&H and they sold, I was figuring 200-250'ish but when I saw what people were bidding I had to see what would happen.
    And I'm glad these people needed them so much, that money got my semi stuff for the Maxim, no I got a new toy to work on.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

I know they're going apeshit, but the buyers are largely newcomers paying a premium for something, anything, to build.

Those with builds and/or sitting on kits know the Romy G are overpriced in comparison to better quality kits going for nearly the same price. I'm seeing GB kits getting relisted and eventually sold at high prices, but it's taking longer and longer. I think it's because the newcomers are wising up.
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    I guessed you didn't see that because of the time stamps, I just passed it on.

Your right about going apeshit and it's not just the Romy kits, I too got on the band wagon with these and sold 2 G kits on GB with starting bids at $300+S&H and they sold, I was figuring 200-250'ish but when I saw what people were bidding I had to see what would happen.
    And I'm glad these people needed them so much, that money got my semi stuff for the Maxim, no I got a new toy to work on.
    Damn, and I thought getting one for 275 was a deal! :\

- CK
    ------------

- Sun Tzu
    ------------
    - Zhuang Zi

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I've built several Romanian G kits as well as others, while they aren't held in as high esteem they can be made into nice rifles and shoot well. Think they are still worth buying at around $300 as compared to other offerings for $400+. I got mine earlier or I'd still buy at that price.

Feedback Score

IMO, they're a prime kit... Near perfect barrels, easy receiver requirements, very little wear overall mostly.

Perfect for newbies like me.

Anyway, I've got my first one almost done (need a spot welder), and I'm itching to build a second before any bans. I just kinda noticed that people were going apeshit, usually buying out these kits within the day... People used to post "I got a Romy kit, $320" and it'd be snatched within the hour. :\

Got one on GunBroker I'm kinda hoping to be outbid on, because I just offered on another on AK Files, thinking I'd have been outbid on this kit any minute.... And now, both ads are sitting dormant...

Just kinda crazy how one day they're selling like hotcakes and the next nobody cares about them...

- CK
    ------------

- Sun Tzu
    ------------
    - Zhuang Zi

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Supply and demand on kits make them too high But the economy is all to shit so maybe that's what causes the on and off sales.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.