Thread: classified sale question

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Default classified sale question

for in the future information>

if someone post "i will take it" then sends you a pm for instructions.
    then instructions are sent back to them, nothing for 7 days and another pm sent to buyer asking if they sent the M.O., and still no response.

the question is, "how long do you wait before relisting the item for sale again?" 7 days, 10 days, 14 days or how many days?

also do you do a negative non-payment feedback on them?

thanks
    ron

jrs
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by sgt ron View Post
    for in the future information>

if someone post "i will take it" then sends you a pm for instructions.
    then instructions are sent back to them, nothing for 7 days and another pm sent to buyer asking if they sent the M.O., and still no response.

the question is, "how long do you wait before relisting the item for sale again?" 7 days, 10 days, 14 days or how many days?
    I'd probably wait a week after the first PM, then try to contact them. If they didn't answer in 5 days, I'd re-list. I know this doesn't take count of emergency out of town stuff, but if the emergency is that big...
    also do you do a negative non-payment feedback on them?

thanks
    ron
    Same as the way you do positive, Ron.
    jrs
    --
    "A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.", Will Durant

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.", Edmund Burke

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

I would start a new thread titled Paging 'XXXXX'. Alot of times people click the pm window off and forget that it popped up.(at least I do) It won't usually pop up again till another one comes in. Some folks don't check they're email much. (me) Hey wait a minute. Am I supposed to be buying something from you? just kidding.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jrs View Post
    I'd probably wait a week after the first PM, then try to contact them. If they didn't answer in 5 days, I'd re-list.
    That seems reasonable.

Did you try to email them?

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Its always an after thought for me to put something in the sales description about a payment time frame or it will be relisted. Some people are terrible communicators when it comes to this kind of stuff and the only communication you get from them is an I'll take it and a check shows up a week or so later. I would say a week or so before you ask if the payment had been sent. If no answer after two-3 days I'd send them another one stating that since there hasn't been any response on their part the item will be relisted at the two week point from the initial "I'll take it date" if a payment isn't received. Two weeks is more than fair.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.