Thread: WTK: Which safety selector for Tantal?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Default WTK: Which safety selector for Tantal?

HI
    Dont know if I should put this here but, I have a polish tantal that was sold to me as a "complete kit" which never turns out to be that way for me. Anyways, I only got the safety selector, No lever for the fire selector or the selector plate, and since I cant find any, I was wondering if anyone could tell me which selector I could use for it( which one would look the same kinda? bulgarian?) Any info would be appreciated.
    Thanks...
    -Logan-

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

IIRC the safety lever you can have. The other item you're asking about is the selector lever and would be a "naughty" part, and the parts directly associated with it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Blazerbender View Post
    IIRC the safety lever you can have. The other item you're asking about is the selector lever and would be a "naughty" part, and the parts directly associated with it.
    The selector lever for full auto/triburst has nothing to do w/ it. Its just the receivers that are made for this come w/ those cut-outs for a "orginal looking" non-functioning unit. but I didnt get that so I'm looking for a full length akm safety selector that looks the same as a tantal.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Blazerbender View Post
    I will pay you a million bucks if you can get that "naughty part" to work in a parts kit with an American receiver and associated 922r satisfying US made parts.

This has been done to death, resurrected and done over again, so many times.

The "naughty parts" don't work here unless you PERFORM "naughty" work first.

To the OP: I'm not sure what you're asking, but any AKM selector lever will drop in. You'll just have the inseration slot on the left side hole, but it won't affect the function.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nalioth View Post
    To the OP: I'm not sure what you're asking, but any AKM selector lever will drop in. You'll just have the inseration slot on the left side hole, but it won't affect the function.
    I know almost any selector would work, but I'm wondering if theres one that would look the same in "appearance" as the tantal safety selector

Feedback Score

Wasn't it a polish guy advertising in the classified section a while ago? I don't remember if he had the part you are looking for but check it out. But he had some Tantalparts.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sid_Vicious View Post
    Wasn't it a polish guy advertising in the classified section a while ago? I don't remember if he had the part you are looking for but check it out. But he had some Tantalparts.
    Ya, he did. But he wanted, I believe $90 for them.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I made my statement basically for clarification's sake. I know most Tantal kits were shipped minus the "naughty" parts, I used a regular AKM safety lever and called it good.
    Last edited by Blazerbender; 04-18-2009 at 01:30 PM. Reason: my reply was cut

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.