Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: WTK: What do you think I could get for this?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Default WTK: What do you think I could get for this?

Well where to begin....This is the kit that I got from arfcom, that was a POS in my opinion. I had the trunnion holes welded, which I ended up having to re-weld 2 of them(wont go into that) and I still need to tap them. The barrel pin needs to be installed. It "was", what I think a unfired kit, there's no wear on the bolt/carrier. I would include a tapco trigger kit, and piston. It was a nds-3 receiver that I cut to put the amd stock on, and I would include the original trunnion, which would need a little work. It needs a safety selector plate, and the bolt carrier needs to be repainted, where the original person I bought it from sanded it down to remove the pin for the piston. I would just like a rough estimate on what you can see from the picture, if I decide to sell it, I will list everything that its been through and the battle scars it has. I'm gonna get out of building ak's for awhile(even though I only technically built 1), and go back to my AR, which I have neglected for a while. It was fun building them, but this one took me down. And it is begining to really piss me off, to the point that I don't want to finish it.

-Logan-

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

What I would do is break it down and sell it for parts.
    Do not fire it without head spacing it and putting that barrel pin in.
    Save the NDS receiver for a future build.
    Don't give up on the AK building. Hell even the top builders here have a few AKs buried in the closet there gonna get too rebuilding some day.
    I read where the AK was rated a 5 out of 10 on a degree of difficulty in building.
    Take you money from that. Get another kit and do another build. You can do it. Dont give up.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

I was going to mail the screws today or tomorrow. Are you implying you don't need them any more?
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by logan09 View Post
    ... I had the trunnion holes welded, which I ended up having to re-weld 2 of them and I still need to tap them...
    Good luck with that.

I think 4th has the right idea. You may be better off parting it out.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
    What I would do is break it down and sell it for parts.
    Do not fire it without head spacing it and putting that barrel pin in.
    Save the NDS receiver for a future build.
    Take you money from that. Get another kit and do another build. You can do it. Dont give up.
    I might just put it on gunbroker to see what I can get for it. Or, if everything goes right I might keep it, as my "cursed" gun. I definitely wont shoot it w/o the barrel pin. I will most likely want to build one in the future. And I'm sure I will come across a deal on a kit, that I cant pass up.

Feedback Score

I'd like to play with her.I love challenges.Send me an e-mail or PM about price.Thanks,McAhron

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I don't even know where to begin on this one.....

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Well, I think I might just keep it. I figure $300 for the kit,$85 for receiver(w/ ffl fee's) $100 to get it welded, which I ended up re-doing(ya, look in the feedback section where I left jonmorry333 some negative feedback about that). So $485, I Know I wouldn't get that back. And I like the look of it.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

its a shame a bad kit/deal ruins your motivation to build more
    i understand -but if you want keep it as a wall hanger as a reminder that it wont happen again!
    you fell off yer horse now get back on and ride!!!
    i allways swap back and forth between stuff-comes in waves-
    depends what motivates me at the time
    im back on a m91/30 kick after reading the latest threads
    its all fun!!!

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by logan09 View Post
    Well, I think I might just keep it. I figure $300 for the kit,$85 for receiver(w/ ffl fee's) $100 to get it welded, which I ended up re-doing(ya, look in the feedback section where I left jonmorry333 some negative feedback about that). So $485, I Know I wouldn't get that back. And I like the look of it.

no feedback left, was it deleted?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.