Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rogers & Spencer

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    If that's the original bluing, I think it's in excellent condition for it's age. Is it museum quality? Most likely not, but it's still in great shape.

I really couldn't tell ya Coils, but I am trying to get another appraisal from your link..Dixie Gun... and am waiting on a reply. The offer I received was from Mike Simens. Here is some info on his history:
    http://www.michaelsimens.com/index.asp

Another good point in dealing with Mike Simens is that he provides insurance before the item is mailed. He requests a $25.00 check to be sent with the pistol as to cover the shipping cost if it is to be returned to the seller in case there is a disagreement with the final appraisal. If it is to be purchased by him, he will send the $25.00 check back to the seller on top of the agreed price. A pdf Certificate of Property Insurance form can be downloaded by the Travelers Insurance Company via his link. He has insured my pistol for $3,200. There is a strict packaging policy. There is also the option of him selling the pistol on consignment through his website if I feel I need a higher price.
    I looks pretty fail safe, as you know there are a lot of buyers out there with just a p.o.box and a lot of talk in scamming your interests, not being what they portray them selves to be.
    What do you think about this, this is a first time "through the mail" deal for me?
    Last edited by 67yankee; 10-17-2010 at 04:36 PM. Reason: add information
    April 19, 1775 An English attempt to confiscate firearms from Americans, triggered a successful revolution

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

To me, I'd ship it as a last resort, I'd try to find someone in your area first, but that's the way I'd want to do it. Maybe even an auction house could give you some info or even a cowboy/civil war type forum?
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    To me, I'd ship it as a last resort, I'd try to find someone in your area first, but that's the way I'd want to do it. Maybe even an auction house could give you some info or even a cowboy/civil war type forum?
    Thanks Coils, Good suggestion, I'll look into those options
    April 19, 1775 An English attempt to confiscate firearms from Americans, triggered a successful revolution

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I don't understand. Why all the worry about what it's worth? You would be a fool to sell it.

Get some ammo and take it to the range. That's what it was made for!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.