Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: compinnov IS A BAD SELLER! BEWARE!

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Thumbs down compinnov IS A BAD SELLER! BEWARE!

WELL... my "excellent" 1919A4 kit finally got here. He received my Postal Money order in 2 days. My "kit and rivet set" was mailed Priority Mail on the 7th of March (after he told me it was going to be mailed on the 28th of Feb. NO email communication after the 26th of Feb. from him, despite NUMEROUS emails. Oh, and the kit and rivet set? NO rivet set, NO BARREL, the box was not taped on all edges, and sometime during delivery a hole was ripped in the box (guess thats where the barrel and rivet set went). Oh... INSURANCE? Yeah right, like he spent the $3 for that. He promised a tracking #. Did I get one? NO. If this is an "excellent" kit, I don't want to see a normal one.

I hate to be a hardass, but this was ridiculous. I am a 1919 newbie, and I had seen compinnovs name on other boards (weaponeer, gunco, 1919A4, others I can't recall) and assumed that his quick response to my emails DURING the purchase would continue after he received my money (2 days). compy, how about stepping up and at least answering my email or this thread and explaining yourself? Guys, I have to say avoid him. I am out a barrel, a set of black bear rivets, and received a NORMAL kit, NOT the "excellent" one advertised.

This was a BAD PURCHASE!

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

Lets find him and tar & feather em!!! ARRRRGGGHHHHHHHHHH..............
    P.S. always pay by paypal with a credit card, you have recourse.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Turds like this make EVERYONE uneasy about trading over the internet!

For those of you reading this, pirate56 ALSO got hosed by compinnov for a STG-58 kit.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

Not good at all, I get really tired of people like this.

Feedback Score
    74 (100%)

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by pirate56
    Lets find him and tar & feather em!!! ARRRRGGGHHHHHHHHHH..............
    P.S. always pay by paypal with a credit card, you have recourse.
    Pirate56, I hate to burst your bubble but paypal is not going to help if you get screwed by someone. and your credit card company cant help you if you used it on paypal.

Your credit cards point of view is, you asked paypal to send money to someone. if paypal did that for you then they forfilled what they charged you for. so you can't dispute that.

paypals point of view, if the seller shows proof of shipping to you than you need to work it out with the seller.

If the seller does not send your item paypal will only refund your money if the seller still has it in the paypal account. If the seller has transfered all his funds to his bank account paypal will not get it for you.

I had a friend buy $437.00 worth of boat parts on Ebay. the seller kept the goods and the money and would not reply to emails.
    Paypal offered my friend .76 cents refund because thats all the seller had left in their paypal account.
    Ebay was even less help. They would not release the name and address of the seller so my friend could give it to the police. Ebay says if you can prove the seller did not ship the goods that they will refund up to $175.00 maximum.....That is $200.00 minus a $25.00 deductable.

Bottom line is buying over the net is risky so dont buy more than you could afford to loose.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Here is part of an email John sent me:
    Since the package was sent Priority Mail, there is automatically $100.00 insurance put on the package, per post office. When package was sent out it was in perfect condition and if it was damaged why did you accept the package?
    I am sure those of you who ship know that Priority Mail includes NO insurance. And that the Post Office just leaves it on your doorstep UNLESS it is a "Signature Required" (this was not). He posted in another thread on Gunco:
    http://www.gunco.net/forums/showthre...0&page=2&pp=10
    that the box was new... the remains of a shipping label from 10/2004 are still on the box OVER THE TAPE!

Feedback Score

I see your point. I think we are aware of this guy now. Have you talked with paypal? I bought some tickets from a guy on ebay and I never received them. Well, They charged his paypal account the $300.00. Luckily he had a couple hundred in there and thats what I got. He closed his account and I got screwed $100. He is not aloud to use his account until he covers the other amount due to me either. Dont stop until you can get something out of it besides a messed up kit. Try the post office. Do you have his address? Knock his door in! LOL.....JK

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

If I am not mistaken paypal can withdraw funds from your bank account to retrieve funds, Just the same as a credit card company can withdraw funds from your account for charge backs.

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

sorry you got burnt.... I see he did not respond here that said a lot to me ... thanks for telling us

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by redchevyman
    Bottom line is buying over the net is risky so dont buy more than you could afford to loose.
    BINGO...........you hit it on the head there. buying stuff from individuals on the net is like having unprotected sex with prostitutes.......sooner or later you're going to get burned
    "I can make this march, and make georgia howl!"

Gen. William Tecumseh Sherman

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.