AR10 pretty good factory price.... - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: AR10 pretty good factory price....

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Thanks,,,,I've always prided myself on being a good shot, Pa taught me well !

My son's getting there,,he's beat me once so far with our penny shoots, hope I pass on some good skills. My daughter is a dead eye shot too !!! Nobody would want any of us in this family shooting at them,,believe it!!! Both my sisters and brother are great shots too and we've all grown up with a gun in our hands from the day we were responsible enough to handle firearms. I started out at about 8-9 years old with my Gramps single shot model 60A Winchester,,I still got it too and still shoot it often ! It's feed the family well for >100 years and still will if needed.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by twa2471 View Post
    I'm in the mountains too stalker and if I can't shoot an eye out,,it's time to hang it up, or at least use a different gun!

This is the results of a 100m penny shooting match my son and I had a couple weeks back with my Sig AR 5.56,,,not to shabby for a stock off the shelf gun with a fixed power 3x scope and Wolf ammo !
    i just get a different gun... no way i could shoot a penny at 100m. cant even SEE it. but if you give me a big enough scope? then we can try.
    Hate takes LESS energy & thought... Dont be so Lazy.

Building or Bitching? which are you here to do?

YES, i work for TEC Tactical. 02/07 SOT

in the blueridge mtns nutznboltz's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Started out on my dad's Winchester single shot too. Guess a lot of us did. Yeah, around 6 or 7 when he got me shooting and hunting. Watched him shoot a sitting rabbit in one eye and out the other. I am the only one out of three sons that enjoyed the outdoors with him.My oldest son I gave dad's model 12 to. That 94,pre 64 is in the safe. Good raising, good times and good family.
    BTW I still do shoot a little bit better than m.o.t.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Penny shooting is a blast and really keeps ya sharp, I highly recommend doing it often @ 50-60 m with a 22 till you get steady again and move up to the bigger toys !

You should see what an 06 does to a penny,,,just a splat mark left on the paper it was super glued to!! Great fun,,,,,

I kinda need a scope nowadays too Dutigaf, but lower power ones work pretty good for me. I can see way out yonder real good, but open sights are getting a bit fuzzy now.

The penny shooting was with a scope BTW,,not irons! I'd probably just scare pennies to death with irons at that range now !! Turning into a slacker in my old age I guess,,,,,

I ,,Used to be able,, to smoke them with irons ???? Now,,,not so much!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I've got a Savage M72 falling block I think it's called that's the one little 22 that has me more offers to buy than any 22 I own. Iron sights, it's on par with the scoped Marlin. And that's saying something. Maybe the hexagonal barrel and the balance of it.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I had some of the early Stevens Favorites I liked allot,,there sweet little guns for sure. At one time I had a 32 rim and 2 ,22 's in the Favorite series and loved them. I've been looking for another 22 one to replace them but haven't really found one in good enough shape to buy. Good ones are getting hard to find at a halfway decent price.

I've always like falling blocks and have had a bunch of different ones over the years,,I wish I'd kept my Ballard's now too

Those were all fancy ones that were target rifles with the tang mounted sights,,they were all awesome shooters ! Even in antique calibers.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

You know more about these things than me twa.It's what I would call later manufacture before they were drilled and tapped for optics.Little sucker can shoot I know that!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.