wind really blows...

Thread: wind really blows...

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Default wind really blows...

First two days of the season so far, and nothin to show for it yet. we've had 30-40 mph sustained winds both yesterday and so far today, so the deer are pretty hunkered down. this morning when we got out to our spot, we had been sitting for about a half hour when i heard the unmistakable noises behind me of SOMETHING meandering by. unfortunately, with the angle i was to the source of the sound, i had my head craned around beyond 90* just to look.

my oh my what a source it was indeed. big mature whitetail buck, probably around 130-140 class. i DEFINITELY would have taken him--if i had been in a different position. as it were, he only ever showed me his head and then turned and walked away. rather than try and maneuver into position to shoot, and therefore cause a lot of ruckus in rustling leaves that would probably spook him, i decided he hadn't winded me (since he didn't have any alarm whatsoever as he left) and chose to just wait and see what happened. well it got damn windy about 45 minutes after sunrise, and we didn't see ANYTHING after that. i was quite unhappy that i didn't get a shot off, but i was pretty satisfied that he didn't spook. it was right between a huge bedding area and a bean field, so we know the deer will be there at least in the evenings and in the mornings. hopefully we get the wind to die down this afternoon so i can go back out.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I've been noticing a lot of hot air lately myself. Must be something blowing in.
    You only have the rights you are willing to fight for.
    I Like 1911's.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Preacher
    I've been noticing a lot of hot air lately myself. Must be something blowing in.
    oh i get it. i get into words with and now everyone has to teach me not to mess with a good ol' boy.

thanks for your opinion, but FYI i DID send a PM apologizing to cephus. feel free to ask him if you'd like; i have a version of it saved if you'd prefer i forward it to you.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

No, actually I was talking about warm wind. I'll be walking through one part of the woods and the air will be cool, then all of a sudden I'll hit a pocket of hotter air. Probably a change of 10 degrees or more.

You read too much into my post.
    I Like 1911's.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

well we both have our opinions. given the private messages i received lately, it's obvious where most people's loyalties lie. *shrug*

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I was talking about the air I felt when squirrel hunting. Nothing to do with opinions.
    I Like 1911's.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

Lets drop it and be nice. Glad to hear AF sent an apology PM.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.