Thread: GATOR SEASON STARTS FLA. SATURDAY.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Post GATOR SEASON STARTS FLA. SATURDAY.

This Saturday starts the Gator hunting season down here.
    Anyone wants to go my buddy has an open slot. He gets a permit every year.
    NOOOO I am NOTTTT going.
    They hunt at night.
    Take a float. Attach large hook with the deadist stinkinist chickin, man I mean rot and stink too the hook. Large hook.
    Sit in boat, drink beverage of your choice. Usually malts.
    Float goes under, follow float. Grab float and hang the frig on.
    Like the old Whaling days. Gator tows boat till tired. Grown men sober up rather quickly.
    Now the fun part. Take a bow, my buddy has a 180lb crossbow. Shoot Gator with bow.
    Or a baseball bat too the head, or bang stick. No guns.
    Mr. Gator is now really really pissed. Yup. Pissed.
    Pull Mr. Gator too boat. Now the fun part.
    Legally?? the Gator must have it's mouth secure, before the final whack to the noodle.
    Like a noose around it's head then duct tape.
    Do "NOT" fall overboard at this point. You will find out real quick those buddies you have in the boat are really not Rambo.
    Mr. Gator is secure, then the coup de gra.
    Pull Mr. Gator in the boat. Think he is dead. Haaa haaaa. Yah rite.
    The pro trappers here put a 10ft. dead Gator in there freezer. Next morning the old man opened the freezer and Mr. gator came at him with a piss load of energy.
    Bag em tag em and off to the processor.
    Hide and Gator meat prices are down here due too the economy.
    I am going to hook up with this girl who "processes Gators" who sells Gator heads, hides etc.
    My buddy gives me all I want too eat. Real good meat.
    Recipe: Cut in one inch squares. Beat the meat like veal to tenderize. Flour or corn meal breading. Salt pepper to taste.
    Fry in oil. Do not overcook. Cook like it was fish. Overcooking, which most restaurants do, causes it to be tough.
    Sniper69 was here and we had a feast. He loved it. He is kinda fat anyway so he liked everything I fed him.
    Ptannjr also liked it. He is kinda big so I ain't gonna call him fatso.
    Anyone interested let me know and I will check with her on prices, availability on heads and hides.
    Market price after hunting season. More to follow. If they make it back to shore.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GATOR SEASON STARTS FLA. SATURDAY.-gator.jpg  

GATOR SEASON STARTS FLA. SATURDAY.-gators-010.jpg  

GATOR SEASON STARTS FLA. SATURDAY.-gators-007.jpg  

GATOR SEASON STARTS FLA. SATURDAY.-gators-011.jpg  

"Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I remember your pics from last years hunt.I would not want to hunt them at night,beer or no beer.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Talking Come on R.B.

Quote Originally Posted by railbuggy View Post
    I remember your pics from last years hunt.I would not want to hunt them at night,beer or no beer.
    I will pay for your ticket and give yah place to stay.
    You can do it Marine.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

last time i was fishing out there i bought some gator-sausage. good eating but you better like hot stuff!!

we got gators re imported to arkansas a few decades back. for a while they were everywhere. but all the flooding we have had in the last few years has pretty much cleaned them out from these parts. we have a hunting season for gators but i think the AGF sort of has it wrapped up in red tape --like all ways!!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Unless someone has cooked them trust me. They are still there.
    When cold weather hits, they dig into the banks of rivers and make a den like a beaver would do.
    They are very territorial. Size determines A.O. for food and the good looking females.
    Smaller gators are forced to A.O.s that are closer to humans, where they look for handouts from the curious tourists.
    The big boys are way back in the bush.
    Like I say. Unless someone ate them, your just not seeing them.
    Living in Gator country and having the damn things all over the place. We, down here, could not understand re-introduction to an area.
    The gator attacks here in Fla. happened because of a drought.
    Larger gators were forced into smaller and smaller areas to fend for food.
    Hunger brought on an appetite for anything that hit the water.
    After several deaths and numerous attacks. Only then did the powers that be, get the message to thin them out.
    I am sure they play a part in the ecological system.
    But too many and interactions with humans is bound to happen.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

i think our game and fish was pressured to import the gators by big timber thinking they gators would eat the beavers.

ironically we got more beavers than ever now!! damn gators ate everything EXCEPT the fricking beavers!! LOL!

you never know what AG&F will dream up next.

you know those god-awful grass carp? the ones that are filling up the mississippi river and are headed north to the great lakes? another one of AG&Fs bright ideas!!

i think next the AG&F will start importing insect pests--like we don't have enough all ready!--

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by j427x View Post
    i think our game and fish was pressured to import the gators by big timber thinking they gators would eat the beavers.

ironically we got more beavers than ever now!! damn gators ate everything EXCEPT the fricking beavers!! LOL!

you never know what AG&F will dream up next.

you know those god-awful grass carp? the ones that are filling up the mississippi river and are headed north to the great lakes? another one of AG&Fs bright ideas!!

i think next the AG&F will start importing insect pests--like we don't have enough all ready!--
    Read just the other day that the carp (asian carp I believe) are not to far from lake Michigan - 10 miles or so - only thing between them and the lake is an electrified screen or netting across the river - they get past that and their in the Great lakes...
    Don't run away - you'll only die tired...

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Smile UPDATE. CRAZY MARINE..

Report is in. My Marine buddy got a 9 foot 6 inch gator.
    Still wants me too go out on the lake at night with him with a damn flashlight, bow and arrow and chase and kill gators who do not want too be chased and killed. He is allowed one more with his license.
    Two nights ago he got a 12+ footer on the line. They should run in the 400 pound + range. Probably 500 + if they are eating good.
    I was wrong about the hook on the bait. Guess you have to tie your bait with a rope to a buoy. No hook.
    Gator hopefully swallows bait. Then you follow the buoy till you can get close enough to smack him over the head.
    This one dragged him half way across Lake George.
    Mr. gator said enough of this after about three hours and turned on the boat and him, almost flipping it and snapped the line.
    Yup just my idea of fun. Being in the middle of Lake George at night, in the water with a bunch of pissed off gators.
    Remember the final scene from Moby Dick. It was not a pretty picture.
    Anyone in the A.O. wants to jump in with him. He still has a spot open.
    Will await your P.M.s. Let me know how you make out in the morning.
    What the hell did they do too you Marines in boot camp? I was scared just listening to his damn story.

Gunco Veteran AK Builder FloridaAKM's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

I went out a few years ago with a gator hunter who used my permit to get a gator as he had the equipment & I had the time + permit. He was too tired to really focus on what he was doing as he was doing this too much during the time alloted during the season. Pulling up along a gator on Lake George in the bushes with a stinky rotten chicken bait in his mouth at midnight is not my idea of fun, but the gator hunters lack of sleep caused him to miss the gator with a bang stick when it came time to close the chase to a kill. I never applied for another permit as it seemed like suicide if you fell overboard from a mishap.

"If God had not intended for us to eat animals, how come He made them out of meat?" - Sarah Palin
    New Member of the Busted Box Club

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Smile

Gator bite- 3000 P.S.I.
    Crocodile bite- 5000 P.S.I.
    Human walking on water. I could learn real quick.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.