Just wondering if anyone here metal detects?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just wondering if anyone here metal detects?

Feedback Score

Default Just wondering if anyone here metal detects?

Just wondering if anybody here likes to metel detect. I have a beach machine that I use now and then but mostly hunt for relics. Civil war bullets, Republic of Texas stuff and old home and plantation sites. Lots of fun and good exercise in the great outdoors. Also one of the only hobbies I have that actually pays for itself. Anyone detect?

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

I detect once in a while, not as often as I would like. I have been to gold basin in az and found a few meteorites. and have gone a few times looking for gold, but haven't found any. I went to vero beach a few week ago to lool for coins, some were found after the hurricanes stirred things up. buy didn't have any luck there.
    I am going to arizona in a week and will spend a couple of days in the desert while I am there.

i

Feedback Score

Heck, if I was going there I would spend my time looking for meoteorites. Some of them are worth a pretty penny. Good luck on your trip.

Feedback Score

Yes, my son and I have done it here in Kennesaw,Georgia. We have found lead from the civil war here around the house. He has a blast at it until the detecter stopped working. I bought him a .....not sure which brand it is but the guy told me it was worth $250.00 new, and it was new in the box, for $100.00. Do you know how to fix them? I would like to send it somewhere to get fixed for him. He asked me about it every week.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

I had a neighbor that did this and he would go up and down all the streets detect the strip between the street and sidewalk. He made beer money off all the change he found and jewelry too.

Feedback Score

I have been talking about doing it for a long time, but never could figure out which detector to buy..who makes a good one?

Feedback Score

We take our metal detector out to the lake when we go camping, comb the beaches

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

Default what type of detector

Quote Originally Posted by WC846
    I have been talking about doing it for a long time, but never could figure out which detector to buy..who makes a good one?
    It depends on the type of detecting you want to do. I have a goldbug 2 by fischer, it is good for gold and meteorites which is primariliy what I go for. however it is not good for the beach in wet sand. If you want to look for artifacts or coins pretty much any detector will do.if you want to beach hunt you need one that will work in wet sand. beach detect you need

Feedback Score

I want to get mine fixed. Can anyone here fix them? I can ship it out.

Feedback Score

What brand is it. Lot of Manufactures have life time warranties on them. Must be nice to be able to find bullets in your yard and it is a great hobby for kids to get in to. If you decide to upgrade let me know. I used to be a dealer and have a Fisher you can have at cost.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.