Thread: Any one ever hunted The San carlos Apache Indian reseravation Arizona

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Default Any one ever hunted The San carlos Apache Indian reseravation Arizona

Any one ever hunted The San carlos Apache Indian reseravation Arizona?
    I did a quail hunt this last weekend, talk about tough country to hunt, every bush and tree had thorns one it and most of them took a piece of me with it, The high desert is beautiful though, I can see why the Apache were some tough dudes... I don't know how the dogs did it.. sharp rocks, and Cactus every where and they hunted the hell out of the quail.... Amazing... B2B

Feedback Score

Be very cautious about hunting on Indian land.
    Everything you have on you or in your vehicle (including your guns and vehicle) can be confiscated and you can be jailed unless you meet very strict requirements while carrying firearms of any type on the Res. Best bet is to simply not bother.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Oh, BS. Reservation hunts are some of the very best. Prime land and trophy wildlife. Why would they chase away hunter $money$ by stealing. Buy your permits and guide (if you need one) and hunt away. No different than in the rest of the U.S.

The Rosebud and Pineridge reservations in South Dakota are the poorest in the U.S., yet no one EVER gets swindled by the authorities while hunting there. Unless poaching, that is.

Nice first post. Not.
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Feedback Score

Bolt2Bounce was asking about Indian land here in Arizona. I guarantee you that they WILL confiscate cars, guns and anything else if you are on the Reservation without specific requirements, licensing and regulations being met. Guided hunts may be an exception, but were not mentioned in the OP. Also, Arizona has legalized gambling on the Reservations, so money from hunting licenses is not an issue, here.
    I don't know about other states, but here in Arizona, it can, will and has happened.
    Of course, having been born and raised here, what do I know?

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Granted, but you didn't specify in your answer. "hunting on Indian land" is very broad. Keep it specific and no confusion will result

I'll certainly defer to your knowledge about reservation hunting in AZ!
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

We had the required 3 day small game permit from the Apache tribe and we also had a guide who has hunter that reservation for 40 years.. so we had no trouble except for finding them birds once they were downed they tend to blend in very well and even with a dog they are hard to locate.. B2B

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.