Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: HOG HUNTING..

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Blade View Post
    It's too bad we don't have wild boar here in the west. For some reason they don't survive here.
    A member over Custer's place shoot this in Texas.I don't really know the differance but I think it's called a javlin or something close.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HOG HUNTING..-img_06102.jpg  

SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score

I have a couple of friends that hunt hogs with dogs. One group does it on horse back the other guys on 4 wheelers. Both pin and tie em up. Both feed em out for a while then butcher em. I hunt them on my lease but only in the late fall to early spring. The fleas & ticks carry too many parasites for me. Known a few guys to get deathly sick from those bugs. The cold keeps the bugs down.

Feedback Score

A javelina and a boar shot a couple of years ago. Shot the javelina with my Saiga in 500 S&W @ 130yds. Shot the Boar with dpms 308 @ 299yds.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Thumbs up

Great picts. willie..
    The wild hogs are taking over down here in Florida.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score

In Texas they are everywhere. Seems like the local news in Houston have a report every couple of weeks hogs are tearing up yards, parks or golf courses. I don't have Robin Hood fever (yet!) but the bow hunters are liking it cuz that is the "Prefered" method as is trapping. But those pigs are smart and will still be here no matter what kinda like rats you never get rid of them but can keep em in check. Typically when Deer hunting with my two buddies on a weekend one of us will see a sound(pack) of hogs on our place always on the move. Once shot at it's over for the rest of the weekend except for boars that travel alone. My buddy Dan (we call him Hoss cuz of his big size) had this happen four times this past season. His best score was two pigs, double tapped both of em on the run. WORST was when he shot one in the spine just in front of the back hams with his bolt 308. I was about 300-400yds away through the brush and could hear it squeeling loudly. A minute later I hear one shot and then about seven shots rapidfire. Called him on the motorola and he says "Went to finish em off with the 1911 and after the first shot he came after me snapping!" Damn wish I had a video camera set up cuz bet he was on his tippy toes running like a little girl in full panic. My only pig this last season was a boar @ 140yds. I could barely see him cuz of fog. Five minutes after I shot him the fog got heavy and couldn't see him for about half an hour when it lifted for the day.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mogene View Post
    I have a friend who wants to hunt these hogs, but he never mentioned any traps.I like the snare idea. Thanks for the info.
    Hell come to Florida. 1/4 mile west of where I live they are huge and crawling all over the place. You cant go out in the woods without seeing them.

BlackBlade. Oh dont your worry they are heading your way. I watched a documentary on them. They are spreading across the country like rats. Mainly coming out of the South East here. Plus coming up out of Texas where Willie is. They will be there soon enough.
    I dont hunt, but they are doing billions in farmers crop damage.

Railbuggy. Good pict. Nice hog.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

4th and to think you want me to come to FL with only a sharp knife. I better make sure to bring more than that to hunt hogs. Of course your redneck neighbors would probably want me to trade in my sharp knife for a butter knife.
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Here in Texas, those are whole lot bigger!
    M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

About 10 miles south (central florida) folks were complaining of the hogs moving into a subdivision and tearing up everyones yards rooting for food so some hunters went in to take care of the problem. I guess it got a little overboard as the folks were compaining of hunters taking over. Got down to what was worse the hogs or hunters. The tree huggers won and they banned hunting so now they get to deal with paying a trapper to get them out.

Crash

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

Hey 4th, I'me disapointed, I thought this thread was going to be about you and some of your buds having a wild night out in daytona!!!

You said you are going to smoke it, which end do you plan on lighting? if it is the big end, you better wipe off that foot first as it may have stepped in poop in the forest!!

if it doesn't make good eating you always have the GDU, gator disposal unit in your canal!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.