Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HOG HUNTING..

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Post HOG HUNTING..

My neighbor goes hog hunting every weekend. Runs Hog dogs on his private land.
    His freezer is full of hog meat. He just gave me this hind quarter. Gonna smoke it.
    Florida is getting overrun with wild hogs. Plus they are getting much much bigger. This one was over 200 pounds.
    The State wants to start getting rid of them. Totally legal too shoot them on private land.
    Guess they are spreading and producing like rabbits and heading out across the whole country from the South East here.
    Watched a documentary on them and they are doing millions in farmers crop damage.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HOG HUNTING..-hog.jpg  

"Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I wish my wind was better.I use to like exploring the woods.
    Shooting Pig could be fun.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HOG HUNTING..-002_set-20snares-20004.jpg  

HOG HUNTING..-phoca_thumb_l_dsc00331.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images  
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Post They dont shoot them..

First they put the dogs on the hog. Some kind of rugged long haired mean looking critter, Kujo looking things.
    They look like a cross between a pit bull and my mother in law.
    Then they bring knives, no guns.
    Crazy S.O.B.s let the dogs get too locking on the hog, then these guys jump in the fray and cut the things throat.
    They asked me if I wanted in on the fun. Fun. Hell no. I will watch from the truck.
    I asked what happens if one of the dogs lets go of the hog.
    "Well that is why yah need good dogs Tim. Damn hog could kill yah."
    No. Nope. No no no no no. Nope. Not me. NOOOOOooooo.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Cold Steel sells a "boar spear" that's supposed to be popular for sticking them at a "safe" distance of 4 feet! I remember when the 8" Colt Python first came out, Guns and Ammo did an article on it by taking it boar hunting. The outfitter opined that the guy was nuts as he had seen men try to climb their own rifles to get out of the way of a charging hog. Now an AK in 7.62 with some good expanding bullet handloads might be the ticket. Thirty of those might slow one down a mite.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Smile

Yes Kernel I understand. But. That would take the manhood out of the sport.
    These crazy S.O.B.s put a razor sharp bowie Knife in there teeth and jump into the fight with there kujo dogs.
    Yup. Some smart good old boys down here. Kinda like hunting grizzly bears with a B.B. gun.
    Shoot the poor Griz in the eye. Blind him. Then jump on his back and start stabbing him with a butter knife.
    Hmmm. Now yah got me thinking.
    I gotta tell these young pups thats how we used to do it when we were young living in Alaska.
    Yup. You guys aint real men till yah give that one a go.
    They will listen. I might film that one for You Tube.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Post railbuggy..

That is a nice snare set up. Did you get that pig?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

No,just some internet pictures.I joined a survival forum and as looking up traps and snares.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Thumbs up Cool..

Quote Originally Posted by railbuggy View Post
    No,just some internet pictures.I joined a survival forum and as looking up traps and snares.
    Simple efficient interesting.
    Just talking to my neighbor, the hog hunters. They use a box they have set up. Hog walk through and the have a wire loop like that it gets wrapped in.
    I like that snare set up though. Good picts. Thank you.

Feedback Score

I have a friend who wants to hunt these hogs, but he never mentioned any traps.I like the snare idea. Thanks for the info.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

It's too bad we don't have wild boar here in the west. For some reason they don't survive here.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.