Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Hunting Why??

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Bambi bit the big one.We have a doe cull in progress. Doe only w/ modern gun till the regular season starts in certain zones.We are covered up with nanny deer down here.Took this one yesterday with a .338 win mag.Too much gun? Rem Core-lock didnt even mushroom at 75yds.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hunting  Why??-doedeer.jpg  

"NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by mtdew View Post
    Took this one yesterday with a .338 win mag.Too much gun?
    Nah, that just means you don't have to track 'em more than the five feet the bullet moved it from its tracks

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Postak

Store bought beef just doesn't cut it for me anymore. I hunt deer for the meat. One animal lasts me one year. I shot a nice doe on my property, just off my driveway. This year i chose not to spoil any meat and @60 yards, i went for a neck shot. Hit at point of aim and deer dropped where it stood. Sure beats packing them out for miles. A lot of peoples use an SKS up here for deer. As there are black bears around (up to 700 lbs) when out and about I'm usually carrying a Ruger 44 Magnum Carbine. So far this year I have seen countless deer, 6 black bears and a few wolves in the distance. The wolves are very cool, I wouldn't shoot one unless it had a cat in its mouth. I have watched them send out a bitch in heat just to lure dogs into the bush for a group kill. They are very timid near peoples and one morning, one was staring at us sipping coffee through the window. More critters than peoples out here in the bush , gotta like that.
    bobsonofbob
    Last edited by bobsonofbob; 11-10-2011 at 10:23 AM. Reason: spelling

Feedback Score

I hunt cause that's what we ate when growing up. Like chasing big game the most, elk, deer and bear. I do go after turkey and upland birds also. My favorite weapon is a compound bow but use rifle, shotgun and muzzleloader. I can't get enough of being in the Rockies late September chasing bugling bulls with the bow. They'll fill the freezer real fast.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

NICE RF guy way bigger than the 120lb deer I took today, nice shot too!! GOT TO LOVE a full freezer, screw the quickie mart. Thank You Lord for your bounty. Next, Muzzle loader season.Wish I could hunt as much as I used to but sense the fall It seems to get tougher every year, wakling is really tough now days and I'm done with bow now, can't even pull the Mathews I saved for forever for, never even been shot, no biggie, my best bud loves it,I gave it to him 2 years ago when I relized there's no hope of ever bow hunting again. And good karma came through, he's 2 for 2 with it.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Squirrel and crow for practice/ skill honing. Coyote because i can, deer and rabbit for meat. Like to dove hunt but work opposite schedule from my hunting buddies. Never been turkey hunting but want to. As a kid boar hunted in Turkey though. Big and tough, meat was terrible.

Kid took last night. First deer. 300 blackout. 155 lbs.

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by moleman View Post
    +1 VZ58, I took my 8 year old out sunday night bow hunting. He's not old enough to bow hunt himself yet, but he likes to go. Set up a treestand to the left of mine and just offset enough we didn't bump our elbows too much. About a half hour to sunset a little 8pt worked his way to about 10yds right in front of a mesmerized kid who was not fidgetting for the first time we climbed the tree.
    Nice work! I mean getting the 8 yr. old to be quite. I am always telling my kids "If you had to hunt for your dinner, you would starve!"....

The Buck is mighty nice too...
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

So, sadly I don't hunt anymore. I live in Southern Kalifornia. Up until the early '90s, deer were plentiful, feral hogs still abound, quail, duck, and pheasant were good, but not any more.

These days, when I see a deer, I actually feel badly. Small, rangy, and in poor health. The issue is the poachers. I give you three guesses where they come from.....Our local Rangers tell me that they arrest up to 300 poachers a year. The poaching penalties are not too bad, but the weapons possession is murder!

Friends up in Montana and the Dakotas and Michigan have invited me to come along...I may take them up on that next season...

I really miss not having venison...
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Kid took last night. First deer. 300 blackout. 155 lbs.
    Nice work and nice deer he should be very proud.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.