Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Hunting Why??

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Default Hunting Why??

Who hunts for what and why...?? I'll go first..

I mostly hunt Birds because it is easier as far as gear goes and mostly cheaper than Big game..and there is a lot of shooting which I like.. Geese is my favorite hands down, followed by Pheasant and quail.. but Turkey is the best eating in my book.. B2B

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Both "big game" and birds cost about the same for me here in South Dakota. I dunno, sitting waiting for a buck plus the occasional stalk is a lot less exercise than tramping through field after field for pheasant. Geese and turkey hunting is more like whitetails - not much moving around. The cost per pound of eating venison is less than pheasant, geese or turkey. Fishing is good, too.

I like'm all, but I really enjoy my venison and pheasant
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

I hunt duck in the winter in northern california because my family owns a ton of land up there and because ive been doing it all my life, and duck and geese are damned delicious. Used to hunt with my dad for elk and deer when i was younger, to fill up the freezer, and go to the coast for fish and crab, clams and the like. Good times, good food!

Feedback Score

My favorite hunting has always been dove. They just seem to be a lot less plentiful here than in years past. Used to go through a box of shells in no time. Rabbit numbers are way up right now though. Lots of good shooting if you've got some good dogs. Rabbits always been some of my favorite wild game to eat too.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Fresh game doesn't have all the growth hormones and antibiotics found in farm raised animals. I also prefer grass-fed beef and bison. There's a lot of fish and game where I live and now that I'mworking in North Dakota I might consider slaying some pheasant for sport.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

I like to eat deer...I like to shoot dove. BUT I hate birds...I don't like how they shit on everything.
    "It's all over but the cryin'!"Moonshiner

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Black Blade View Post
    Fresh game doesn't have all the growth hormones and antibiotics found in farm raised animals. I also prefer grass-fed beef and bison. There's a lot of fish and game where I live and now that I'mworking in North Dakota I might consider slaying some pheasant for sport.
    I can't stand grass fed hogs or steer. I prefer mine corn feed. I think it has alot more flavor. Not so much muscle either from walking around. I prefer penned up animals.

I get my meat from my buddy. No growth hormones in those. You can't touch the flavor even with high priced meats at the best butcher.

The only thing I hunt is pheasant. The only wild game that I like the taste of. Not a big fan of venison.

Feedback Score

Squirrel and turkey are my all time favorite animals to hunt. I also go after dove, deer, and birds when I can. Coyotes have decimated the rabbits and quail here in Indiana. I love to hunt because I love to eat what I kill. Surprisingly, the only thing I really don't like to eat are pheasant, but they are a blast to hunt.

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Mainly deer, geese (cause if I'm going to pluck it I want some meat to it), and coyotes because they ate all the rabbits I used to hunt (haven't seen but one rabbit in the last 20 years of hunting since the coyotes moved in) and squirrel (mmmm bbq squirrel). I love turkey hunting but can't get over how expensive it is compared to a store bought one.

Feedback Score

Rabbit population has exploded where I live since farms started putting land in the Kentucky native grass program a few years ago. Quail are coming back like I've never seen too.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.